Prologue: Go Back?

"Well I'm ready to go back," Jay says firmly. "Although I do enjoy the fact that in this realm I have no dad."

"I'm with Jay on this one," Ben agrees. He turns to Belle, who's holding Gideon. "I like how gracious you are to me, Belle, just as much as my own mother is, and it's great to have a little brother in this realm, but I have my duties to Auradon as its king. Thank you for giving me hospitality and treating me like your son."

"I understand Ben," Belle says smiling, giving her "second son" a strong hug. "I was once in your situation, my duty to my people or to myself and I ended up falling in love because of it."

Ben smiles widely. "Just like my mother,"

Mal swallows hard. She wants to go back to Auradon with Ben, she loves him after all, but here in Storybrooke... like Auradon, she's getting a second chance. She feels just a normal here as at the school. High school is interesting, but everyone there is either from Camelot or the Enchanted Forest, so she doesn't stand out as much like at Auradon Prep where she's a VK. She's allowed to use magic here, it's not under Fairy Godmother's lock and key, plus her magic is stronger here and she's getting lessons from people who care. But most of all, she has a mother who loves and doesn't have high expectations for her. Her mother is trying to change, unlike the lizard of a mother she has back in the other realm. Plus, she has a sister... they may not always get along and had a very rough start to their relationship, but now Mal trusted Lily with her life. Evie would always be her bestie and sister, but Lily was one too.

She tries to fade into the background, but Crystal grabs her arm, causing her to jump.

"Is everything ready?" Emma asks, holding onto Killian's hand, giving a warm smile to Harry. Her hand caressing her own growing baby bump.

"Should be," Crystal says. She stands over the cauldron she borrowed from her father's shop, right in the middle of Main Street. She lights the fire underneath and begins mixing the ingredients together, the thing begins to bubble more frantically and change colours rapidly, indicating that it was working.

"All is left is a sample of Mal's and my magic," the daughter of the Dark One says.

Crystal goes over with a small box to collect a sample of Mal's powers, after which she'd add some of her own.

Suddenly, Dude grabs a hold of Rumpel's daughter's untied shoelace, causing her to fall to her elbows and for his master to spring into action. Carlos lunges forward, pulling the last ingredient he needed out of his coat pocket.

"Dude, what are you..." Evie begins.

"Carlos what are you doing?!" Jane screeches.

Before anyone can stop him, he dumps something into the cauldron. It begins to bubble frantically, he stands back and grabs Dude as smoke began rising into the air. The residents of Storybrooke and Auradon rush forward in confusion until there is loud rumbling and light erupts from the black pot, blinding everyone. Jay rushes forward, trying to find his best friend, Killian clings to Emma and their unborn child, while Harry steps in front of the couple, Snow and David hold Neal and reach out for Whitney and Simon's hands, Regina tries to find Evie, Belle grabs onto Ben's shoulder to keep him back, and Mal stumbles backward into Ben's arms.

It's very intense and powerful that nobody could see what was happening...

When the light dies down, everyone blinks, trying to comprehend what happened. Crystal gets up, examining her elbows looking onward in shock.

"Carlos what did you do?" Mal snaps angrily.

The son of Cruella says nothing, he just stares forward at a large green portal that just opened in the middle of Storybrooke. Magic swirls around it and he swallows, waiting... he'd kept his end of the bargain, now came the reward.

"You shouldn't have done it, man," Dude says disapprovingly from his arms.

"What the bloody hell did he do?" Killian hisses, keeping his wife behind him and putting his hand on Harry's shoulder to ensure he was okay.

"He opened a portal, but not to Auradon."

"To the Enchanted Forest?" Mulan asks.

A figure begins emerging from the giant circular portal, "Not quite darling..."

Disclaimer 1: Any and all characters, locations and situations mentioned in every chapter and the entire story belong to their prospective owners. Any characters that I create are my own.

Disclaimer 2: I do not own Descendants, or any of the related characters, locations or scenes/situations. The movie franchise is created by Josann McGibbon and Sara Parriott and owned by The Walt Disney Company. This story is intended for entertainment purposes only. I am not making any profit from this story.

Disclaimer 3: I do not own Once Upon a Time, or any of the related characters, locations or scenes/situations. The tv show franchise is created by Adam Horowitz and Eddy Kitsis and owned by ABC and Disney. This story is intended for entertainment purposes only. I am not making any profit from this story.