Chapter 10: Success for All

Evie tries to spend some time with Dizzy in their new studio, aka Dizzy's room, working on the new cheerleading outfits, but her mind keeps going to Mal, how angry she was at everyone and how hurt the three other friends were by all this. Of course, it wasn't fair that Fairy Godmother would accuse them of damaging her office and vault, but there was a strong implication that it was one of them with the Isle slogan spray painted on the wall and the vandalism of the Cinderella portrait... who wouldn't assume such a thing? But obviously Mal had taken it the hardest and she is lashing out at the people who loved her the most. It happened before and it would likely happen again, Evie just didn't want a repeat of them taking Ben to Isle, almost getting him killed and battling with Uma and her crew on her pirate ship.

"You okay Evie?" Dizzy asks, looking through books with several fabric samples that they might use for other outfits.

The blue-haired teen looks at her young counterpart from the sewing machine she is using.

"Yes, I'm fine, why do you ask?"

"Because you missed the hemline," Dizzy points out.

Evie gasps as she realized that she's just ruined the edges of a perfectly good cheerleading skirt due to her distraction. She groans and does her best to untangle the mess she's made.

"Is it because of Mal?" Dizzy asks.

"You can read people like a book huh?" Evie smiles.

"I'm more observant than you think I am, I'm not like my mom who is so self-involved that she doesn't think of other people and their feelings."

"You're so much better than your mom," her friend smiles. "We all are..."

Dizzy gives a big smile. "Why is Mal so upset?"

"She just feels like the world is working against her and us I guess. She hates it when people still think we're the villainous bad kids who are going to ruin Auradon for everyone."

"It does hurt," Dizzy admits, looking rather sad.

Evie reaches over and puts her arm around her co-designer. The youngest of the VKs had yet to really feel the stigma and judgement that they had felt when they first arrived at Auradon Prep. The glaring looks and the complete shunning from school activities for a time too. The fact that Dizzy hasn't felt it yet was a good thing, meaning that the students were becoming more open-minded and welcoming to Isle kids, but there was still that bias and dread in the back of the "heroes" minds that these children of villains would revert to being wild and wicked again.

Evie knows the whole reason she got Dizzy invited to Auradon, it was to give her a second chance at a better life; a life much more fulfilling and fun than the one she was living at her grandmother's Curl Up and Dye Shop and being bullied by Uma's crew. She knew that the daughter of Drizella Tremaine did not come from one place to be picked on and judged to come to another place to belittled and criticized from where she came from.

"I know it does, but the only thing we can really do is keep our heads up high and prove them all wrong."

"Really?"

"Yep, by doing good things, like finishing these cheerleading outfits," Evie says, ready to get back to work. "I want you to pick out the hairstyles and accessories for the hair too."

"Really?"

"Of course, you're the only person I can trust to do that."

Dizzy squeals happily, clapping her hands together before going through her own big binder of hairstyles that she brought from her grandmother's shop. She was so happy to be here, she had the potential to be a great designer and stylist in the kingdom of Auradon. The young VKs biggest dream was to style the hair of all the famous princesses in the land for a great ball, even her step-aunt's hair. "How about braids like this?"