15

"Hayley, what're you doing here?" Mom said as she walked into the kitchen.

"Mommy and Daddy needs to fly somewhere else so I'm staying with Uncle Enzo and Aunt Nat" She answered her Grandma.

"Nat, do you want me to take care of her? I'm sure you have work" Mom offered.

"It's okay, Mom" I smiled back.

"Hayley, wanna go unpack while dinner is served? You still need to settle down right?" I asked and Hayley have me a heart melting eye smile.

While we pack, we get along as I asked her about her hobbies, her interests and her dream.

"Mrs. Natalie, dinner has been served" The maid informs us and I lead Hayley to the dining room.

Mrs. Natalie. So weird to hear.

Lorenzo was already seated, engrossed in his phone.

"Uncle Enzo, you're back!" Hayley squealed.

"Why did your Mom drop you off?" Lorenzo groaned.

"Mommy and Daddy had to fly somewhere else. I'm staying with you and Aunt Natalie" Hayley said excitedly.

"Mom, why don't you look after Hayley?" Lorenzo said to his mom.

"Natalie is fine with having her for a few days. Why do you have a problem?" Mom snorted and Lorenzo led out another groan.

I chuckle at the sight of Lorenzo acting childish.

After making sure that Hayley eats her dinner well, I have a few bites before retreating to the bedroom where Hayley was unpacking her toys from a small luggage.

"Hayley, go sleep with your Grandma" Lorenzo said sternly.

"But Mommy asked Aunt Nat to look after me, right?" Hayley looked at him with her innocent doe eyes.

Lorenzo sighed as he took his laptop and sat on the couch.

I clean up Hayley and get her ready for bed.

Making sure that she's warm enough in the bed, I also freshen up before grabbing a pillow and blanket.

"You sleep with Hayley, I'll take the couch" I tell Lorenzo, who's eyes are glued on his laptop screen.

"No, you sleep with her. Besides, I have work" Lorenzo insisted so I leave the pillow and blanket at the foot of the couch before getting under the covers.

"Where is Uncle Enzo?" Hayley asked.

"He has work to do so we should sleep" I ruffled her hair.

Without saying a word, Hayley sits up.

"Uncle Enzo, why are you not sleeping on the bed?" The four year old asked in a commanding tone.

"I need to work" Lorenzo answered in monotone.

"But Mommy and Daddy sleeps with me even if they have work to do" She pouted.

"Well, I'm not them" Lorenzo spat.

"Are you not coming?" Hayley asked and Lorenzo shaked his head as a no resulting in Hayley's whimpering.

"Until she falls asleep, please just get in bed" I request him and he finally gives in.

"Fine, fine, stop your whimpering" Lorenzo groaned before shutting his laptop and getting under the covers.

Hayley at once, smiled brightly before squealing in happiness.

"Okay, now go to sleep" Lorenzo tried to calm the excited soul.

Lorenzo and I were sleeping on either sides of Hayley and thinking that she'd fall asleep, Lorenzo and I had turned to our own sides.