17

Lorenzo's POV
I had been engrossing myself in work all these time while everyone at home had been running around like headless chickens, busying themselves for the wedding.

Natalie had been respecting my space which I was thankful for even though she pissed me off everytime I met her.

Even today, during the dance practise for the wedding, she made sure to maintain no eye contact with me and I didn't care to initiate it anyway.

Eventually, we got into a stupid argument on our way to a restaurant but we sorted it out too.

She's a sweet soul and I know I don't deserve her but she's too much of a hard nut for my liking.

She acts like she's not scared when I glare at her even though her eyes clearly shows her fear.

"Natalie will be such a good addition to our family. She's so sweet, I'm sure she'll fit in" Mom said, sipping her evening tea.

"I seriously don't care about your opinions, especially if it's about that girl" I remarked in a cold tone only to be met with a frown on my parents' faces.

"Don't worry, she's going to be able to change you. I see that in her" Dad said.

And that was what I had been hearing all these time.

'she has the ability to change you'

What's so good about her that she can change me?

How can a rich spoilt kid change a person?

This is why I hated her. And nothing could change my feeling towards her.

-THE WEDDING DAY-
"Enzo, you look good. I'm sure Natalie will love the way you look" Rose complimented as she walked into my room.

"You bet, Rose. I think she'll trip on her dress" Victor joked, fixing his tie.

"So much for being a best man" I scoffed while proceeding to put on my wrist watch.

"Don't act like she isn't a beauty" Victor smirked.

Well, yes, Natalie is a beauty. There's no denying that.

But that doesn't mean I've developed feelings for her.

"Beauty isn't everything. Now, let's all get going before it's too late and I'll have to return home, unmarried yet happy" I said, walking down to my vehicle.

As I'm about to get into my car, Grandpa and Mom and came over to talk to me.

Honestly, I was in no mood to have a conversation with anyone since I had been dreading this awful wedding day.

"James, my boy. I'm so proud of you" Grandpa patted my shoulder.

"Thanks, Grandpa" I murmured in a low tone.

"Enzo, I believe that this will be the decision you have ever taken in your life" Mom said, her eyes gleaming with happy tears.

Best decision?

I don't know what kind of charm Natalie has put on my family to praise her this much.

"Let's get going. We're gonna be late" Rose pulled me to my car.

Soon we were off to one of the finest hotels that we owned. Having huge ball rooms and other accommodations, it was perfect for the almost 1000 guests excluding both families who were coming to congratulate us on this fake marriage.

Once we reach the ball room where we were having the wedding, I went up to the front as family, friends, business partners and other guests swarmed in to fill in the chairs.

"Don't tell me you're nervous" Victor nudged me.

"Hell no" I replied though I was feeling this indescribable pain in the pit of my stomach.

"Whatever, I can see the ring boys and the flower girls lining up. I think it's time" Victor said in an alarmed tone and I quickly put on my poker face.

This irritatingly soft music started playing in the background and the ring bearers, the flower girls, the bride maids walked in.

I was staring blankly into space when my eyes fell on Natalie who held onto her brother as she walked in.

She had a graceful smile and her eyes were filled with innocence as she treaded in her very simple but majestic dress, her head covered with a very thin, almost transparent veil.

Natalie looks at me and I see her breath hitch for a split second before she calmly composed herself and began walking like she did before.

Her brother, Chris, shakes my hand before placing Natalie's soft hand into mine and we stood there, waiting for the minister to start the wedding ceremony.

This minister continued his all nonsense and I answered with a "I do".

Then came Natalie's turn and this bimbo couldn't even answer.

After glaring at her for a split second, she finally stuttered her answer.

We both exchange our rings after that and hear the famous line 'You may now kiss the bride'.

I carefully removed Natalie's veil.

Okay, wait, lemme explain.

I was just supposed to kiss her near her mouth to make it look like we kissed, but umm, things didn't exactly go that way.

As I remove her veil from her face, she looks at me with her innocent doe eyes and my mind just goes blank.

My eyes stay transfixed on her soft and plump lips and I go for it.

I place my lips on hers and they soon move in rhythm.

Natalie follows my lead and we kiss.

Like, we really did.

I don't know why I keep having mixed feelings about her.

Should I give her a chance or should I not?

Maybe I'll just have to accept my fate for a year with this woman.

Imagine having to share a room, a bed, a bathroom, everything with someone you didn't know existed the whole time until you get married.

Of course I knew Natalie's family. They're a huge deal. But Natalie had never been much involved in her family activities so I just didn't know her.