35

Two days had passed and I hadn't gotten out of bed, nor did I eat.

Dad must've seized my phone because I couldn't find my bag.

"Natalie, you need to eat" Mom said as she sat by my bedside.

I was facing the other side, looking outside the glass windows.

"I'm not hungry" I said in monotone.

"Whatever your Dad is doing, is for your own good" Mom gently patted my head.

"I told Dad that I like him but he didn't listen. He wouldn't even budge. Mom, Lorenzo is my husband. Even if we are bounded by a contract or not, he's still my husband" I said, my voice growing coarse as I spoke.

Mom kept caressing my head and left after not being able to answer me.

I quietly lay in bed, not able to answer the questions that rose in my mind.

Why am I feeling this connection towards Lorenzo?

Why am I feeling as if my heart is broken?

'You don't want a part of you to die, do you?'

Was my dream warning me?

I feel like my heart is being ripped out of my chest and my mind is all over the place.

I'm afraid of what awaits me in the future.

It's as if I'm in a tunnel with no opening. I'm stuck. I'm walking only to find that it's futile to even walk two steps.

Though I felt bad for myself, I pondered upon how Enzo would be feeling.

Is he eating? There's no one to pick his outfits. He always needs someone to hold onto while sleeping, is he sleeping alone?

Silly questions kept bombarding me until sleep consumed me only to be woken by my cousin, Vinnie.

"Nat, you need to eat else I'll have to hook you to an IV drip" Vinnie frowned.

I didn't answer her so she took a deep breath before checking my arm for a pulse.

It took her a long time to find a prominent one and when she pierced the needle into my arm, I winced at the pain but kept quiet.

"Here, call him up. We're not supposed to give you our phones lest you call him up, but I can't bear to see you starving yourself" Vinnie placed her phone on the bedside table before walking out to my study, waiting for me in case someone comes in.

Should I call him or not?

He said he'd find a solution and get me.

Does he still want to see me, hear me?

What if he has already moved on since it was just a contract marriage after all.

With shaking hands, I grab the phone near the lamp but instantly drop it and Vinnie comes rushing in lest something happens to me.

"Nat, are you okay?" She asked, picking up her phone and giving it to me.

"If you don't want to call him then it's fine" She said after I gave her no answer.

"Wait-" I quaked.

"I'll- I'll talk to him" I replied with the smallest voice ever and Vinnie calls him up.

Within a matter of seconds, Vinnie speaks "Natalie is here. I'll give her the phone" before handing me the phone and walking out.

I take the phone and hold it close to my ear, unable to utter a single word.