19

Natalie's POV
Just one more week before Christmas and I must say, I'm getting quite well with Lorenzo.

We respect each other's space but we fulfill all our duties as husband and wife.

"Nat, isn't the University closed for Christmas?" Rose asked as we all have breakfast.

"Yeah, I don't have classes until the second week of January" I answer, biting into a croissant.

"Then where do you keep going?" Karen asked in confusion.

"I'm the financial director of my family's company and since I used to attend work for just three days back then, I'm taking full advantage of the university holidays to complete work in the company" I explain.

"See? Both Lorenzo and Natalie work so hard, you all should do the same" Mom encouraged the younger ones.

"I'll be in the car. You can come after breakfast" Lorenzo said, accepting a phone call while walking out to his car.

"Wait, you guys go to work together?" Peter asked, wiggling his eyebrows.

"Um, well, sometimes when he's not busy, he drops me off" I answer, blushing a deep red making everyone to burst into a fit of laughter.

I quickly grab my bag and march out to Lorenzo's car.

Soon we were on our way to work.

Actually, it takes Lorenzo another extra thirty minutes to get to work when he drops me off but he still insists anyway.

Of course, inorder to keep up our act as a married couple.

Don't expect anything.

We're ten minutes into hitting the road when my phone rings.

"Hey, Ken!" I said cheerfully as I pick up the call.

Remember Ken? My gay cousin who designed my wedding dress?

"Hey, Nat~ I'm so sorry to be disturbing you when you're on your honeymoon" Ken said in a sassy tone.

"Oh no, I'm not on my honeymoon. You don't have to think you're bothering me" I assure him.

"Okay" He spoke.

"So? What happened?" I ask him.

"Well, you see, I'm dropping my latest collection in two days and I wanted you and your husband's sisters to wear some of my label at the opening party" Ken explained.

"I guess that's not bad but I don't think I can join in" I remarked.

"Oh, Nat! You have to be there. I'll have a VIP invitation delivered at your place. I'm not taking no for an answer" Ken said before hanging up.

"Hello? Ken?" I said to justify myself but he had long hanged up.

"What's the matter?" Lorenzo looked worried as I sighed loudly.

"My cousin wants me to wear his label at the opening of his latest collection which is in two days time" I sghed again.

"What's the big deal?" Lorenzo asked again.

"That means, only fruits and vegetables until I wear the dress" I pouted and Lorenzo chuckles.

This is the thing about Lorenzo.

Sometimes he's in a really good mood and will even be like a close friend.

Other days, it's best to ignore him because you wouldn't want to see him build up his walls.

"I'll take Rose and Karen with me. You wanna come?" I ask him.

"I'm not going to some girly shit" He says, his eyes still on the road.