18

Lorenzo's POV
Just maybe two weeks ago, my sister, Evelyn had left her daughter with me and Natalie.

One night, Hayley forced both Natalie and I to sleep on the bed with her between us two.

Should I say I felt nervous to sleep on the same bed with Natalie?

Pshaw! Ain't a big deal!

Well, honestly speaking, I had felt Hayley slowly slip out of bed in the middle of the night, and I presume, she went to her grandparents' room, leaving me with Natalie.

And I grabbed the opportunity.

I pulled her closer to me and inhaled her sweet wild berries shampoo.

As I snake my arms around her waist, she placed her arms on my chest for support, not even once waking up.

I felt this warm feeling spread across my chest as I gazed at her pretty face.

Is this what a married couple feel when they look at each other?

Man, I suck with feelings.

Natalie should never know that I find her interesting.

It'll only make things worse at the end of the contract.

Disregarding everything, I fell asleep as well.

I had decided to wake up before Natalie so that she wouldn't find out but I couldn't make it.

"Lorenzo?" Natalie calls me and I groaned and stirred in my sleep.

Suddenly coming to realization, I quickly get up and sat right on the bed while giving Natalie a vicious glare.

Without saying a word, I go to the bathroom.

I couldn't face Natalie, not after what happened.

Of course Hayley had to whimper and ask both Natalie and I to drop her off to her preschool.

My sister and the kinds of missions she sends her kids with.

"You can leave for work. I'll grab an Uber" Natalie said, grabbing her bag as she stood outside the preschool.

"Get in the car" I said with the remaining patience that I had.

Why is she always getting on my nerves?

"No, thanks. I'll manage on my own" She insisted.

Why the heck does she have to be so stubborn?

"I said, get in!" I growled and Natalie got in after rolling her eyes.

Natalie keeps acting tough but I know she gets scared of me easily. Yet, she won't admit it.

I drive into the University campus, right infront of the main doors.

Noticing my vehicle, the MD came forward.

"Please don't make a scene. I don't want people to know we're married" Natalie pleaded before getting off the car.

Is she embarrassed of me?

I didn't say a single word as I watched her get off while the students crowded around the vehicle to see what was going on.

"Mr. Maxfield, what brings you here? And Natalie?" Dr. Collins asked in a fake concerned tone.

"Good morning to you too, Dr. Collins" Natalie greeted him.

I suddenly get off the car and stand beside Natalie.

"That's Mrs. Maxfield for you" I say to Dr. Collins who looks at Natalie, like he had seen a ghost.