24

Yes, Lorenzo and I haven't been talking at all.

Again! Talk about how dramatic we both are!

We actually left home the very next day with some stupid reason which everyone believed.

We're back to his parents' home now, and we're minding our own business.

He doesn't even sleep in the bedroom anymore. He's usually in his study while I do my work in the bedroom itself.

Honestly, the silence between us is killing me.

"Natalie, Lorenzo isn't down for dinner. Is he still working?" Mom asked as we ate dinner.

"Yes, Mom. He's in the study but don't worry, I'll make sure that he eats his dinner" I assure her.

After dinner, I take a tray filled with different dishes and go up to Lorenzo's study.

I knock on the door and hear a faint "Come in".

I slowly enter the study to find Lorenzo engrossed in work.

"Lorenzo, I brought dinner" I said, placing the tray on his desk.

"Did I ask you to?" Lorenzo gave me a cold glare.

"No. But it does worry me that you don't eat on time" I sighed as I take a seat on a chair opposite his desk.

"You don't have to fulfill duties which aren't written in the contract" He focused on his paperwork though his words hit me right on the face.

"But-" I started but he cut me off.

"Enough, Natalie. Go back to sleep" His voice thundered.

"Look, I'm sorry if you're still upset about that day okay? My mind was just all over the place" I apologised before walking back the our bedroom.

Why does Lorenzo's mood affect me?

Why is it that his behavior has such an impact on mine?

Am I really liking him?

He's done nothing but hurt me, make me feel bad and here I am, still wanting to be on good terms with him.

Of course I feel the sparks when he's close, or the loud heart thumps, blood rushing to my cheeks and whatnot but I don't think that's love.

As I get ready for bed, Lorenzo walks in with his gaze fixed on his phone.

Without talking to him, I get under the covers and try to fall asleep but Lorenzo's gaze bore a hole as he sat on his side of the bed and stared at me.

"Why aren't you sleeping?" I asked in confusion.

"Just. I needed to confirm something" He said quizzically.

"Huh?" I said, sitting up.

"This" Lorenzo said before pulling me by my arm and pressed me close to his chest. He looked deep into my eyes as he cupped my face gently, angling my lips to his.

My heart started beating like crazy at the lack of space between me and Lorenzo but I kept my calm, or at least, I tried to.

My hands move up to tangle in the dark strands of his hair as he kissed me. Butterflies erupted in my stomach and I felt light headed but I didn't stop.

I continued raking my fingers through his soft curls as he deepened the kiss, pressing me closer until there's a knock on the door.

We suddenly break away from each other, panting for air.

Lorenzo mutters a string of curse words under his breath before getting out of bed to open the door.

"What do you want?" Lorenzo barked at the person.

"Calm down, Enzo. I came to inquire Natalie about my Economics exam" Karen said in a pissed tone.

"Ask her tomorrow, she already got ready for bed" Lorenzo thundered but Karen budged in anyway.

I was still sitting on the bed, dumbfounded about what just happened.

After telling myself that since I had lost my first kiss to Lorenzo, my next kiss would be to the person I love, I really must be insane. But here I am, shamelessly enjoying the kiss with Lorenzo.

"Natalie, can you please explain the Monetary and Fiscal policy, please?" Karen ran over to the bed.

"Are you okay? You don't look so good" Karen furrowed her eyebrows.

"Wait, did you guys make out?" She teased.

"N-No, what a-are you saying?" I shakily laughed.

"Your red face and swollen lips says it all" Karen snickered.

I couldn't say a single word while Lorenzo had an annoyed expression.

"Did you guys make out?" She laughed loudly.

"Yeah, we did until you interrupted us. Now get out!" Lorenzo barked and Karen ran out, laughing as loudly as she could.

After closing the door, Lorenzo gets in bed.

"I'm sorry" He apologized.

"You don't have any reason to be sorry" I said before turning to my side.

Lorenzo pulls me closer to him, making my back to collide with his chest and pressed a kiss on my cheek.

Can I please scream? Blood rushes to cheeks and my heart beats furiously.

Lorenzo must've presumed that I was asleep because I'm sure I heard his heart beating as furiously as mine as he whispered the words "I think I'm really falling for you".

But it might've been a dream. I don't know.

I can't have high hopes, can I?

Especially when I'm in a marriage contract.