5

Lorenzo's POV
"Lorenzo James Maxfield! How dare you raise your voice?" Dad's voice thundered making my younger siblings flinch while they ate their breakfast.

"Are you serious? How can you decide my marriage without my opinion?" I belted.

"Enzo, we're doing this for your good only. And it wasn't us who decided it either. Your marriage was fixed the moment you were born. Your grandparents took the decision and we couldn't go against their will. Can you?" Mom reasoned.

"You should've told me, at the least. It's not that I don't listen to you. But I can't marry at this age. People get drunk at this age and pass out at parties. Don't you think I deserve to enjoy a bit?" I said, and I sounded really pathetic when I did so.

"Then is there anybody who you have in mind? Anyone who can replace the girl you are promised to so that you can get out of this marriage?" Mom asked me.

I had no answer. At all. I did have a lot of one night stands but I didn't have anybody who I was committed to.

"Mom, he leaves a girl after playing with her once" Karen laughed and I gave her a death glare.

"Enough of this. If you don't want to get married, talk to your grandpa. Convince him and I'll let it be" Dad spoke and he made himself clear.

Dad seems to be Grandpa's favorite and he would get really mad if anybody disappointed the old man.

"Enzo, your Grandpa wanted me to remind you something if you didn't agree to this marriage" Mom spoke in a soft yet tantalizing manner.

"What is it?" I took a deeply sighed.

"When you took over the company, your Grandpa traded the ownership with a wish that he'd want in the future, didn't he?" Mom questioned me.

Okay, I now know where this is going. Oh no! What did I promise?

"You both came to an agreement that if you didn't fulfill your Grandpa's wish in the future, he would remove you from the company. He wants to make that agreement valid and he also hoping that you fulfill his dying wish" Mom explained.

"Your whole life was a lie" Karen whispered into my ear and I couldn't help but agree to it.

"So this was a trap from the very start. Fine, I'll marry her but don't expect much from me" I stood up from the dining table and left for the board meeting awaiting me.

I cannot let my stubbornness ruin all the work I've achieved these last three years. I've worked hard enough to bring my company this far.

I will not allow myself to bring my company down. Not now, not ever.

-The next day-
"Who brought this coffee?" I ask.

I'm currently in a board meeting at a University and the coffee tastes so bad.

I guess, I've been acting like this since yesterday after my news of marriage shocked me.

"I did, Sir" A woman, in her early twenties came forward.

Such a beauty. Long wavy hair, beautiful almond eyes, a sharp nose, plump lips, curves at the right places-

What is wrong with me? Who knows it's a beauty without brains?

"How can you serve such cheap coffee?" I asked since I've never been served such coffee.

"I'm sorry if the coffee doesn't suit your taste. I'll get you another cup of coffee" She apologized.

"Then why did you serve me cheap coffee if you could get a better one?"  I hissed.

"I'm sorry, Mr....?" She said since she didn't know my name.