29

Today marks the 10th day since Lorenzo left for the UK and I moved into our new home.

Home? Home is a place where there's family, love and warmth. Mine and Lorenzo's place is just a house with walls, a roof, windows and doors.

I had expected Lorenzo to come back anytime soon during the first five days but he never did. I just don't know when he'll be back.

Since it's a Sunday, I sprawl on the elegant sofa and read a novel that had been pending to be read weeks ago.

Emma brought me a platter of my favorite fruit salad and went back to the kitchen to continue marinating the chicken for dinner.

Besides Emma and Joe, there were two more maids, who looked much younger and lived with the couple in the servants quarters.

After reading for almost an hour, I had started falling drowsy, considering the fact that it's a warm afternoon when the doorbell rings.

One of the maid gets the door while I snuggle on the sofa, slowly falling asleep when I hear a familiar voice call my name.

"Enzo?" I shot up, my heart beating furiously on hearing his voice.

Seriously, what is wrong with me?

"Hey" He said as he came over to me.

Though I hadn't seen him for more than a week, he still looked ravishing in his three piece Armani suit, his face clean shaved and his hair perfectly styled.

"Took you long enough to come back" I muttered.

"Mmm" He replied before pulling me closer to him and planted his soft lips on mine. I felt like melting into his arms until he got up and sat next to me.

"How're you?" He asked, one of his hand held me by the waist while the other went up to play with my hair.

"I'm fine, I guess" I replied.

"So how do you like our new place?" He asked again.

"It's nice but too big for us" I frowned since we had two floors of guest rooms besides our own master bedrooms, two study rooms, a theater room and a gaming room not to forget the underground home gym.

"Don't worry, you'll get used to it" He chuckled.

Emma and Joe came out to greet Lorenzo and after a few minutes of discussion, I convince him to take rest since he'd be tired as hell for all I know.

As he went to his room, I also went to mine and was in the midst of arranging my books in order when Lorenzo walks in, now casually dressed in a tshirt and a pair of joggers.

"Hey" I said, noticing his presence.

"Why're you here?" He asked in a puzzled tone.

"Uh- arranging my books?" I questioned him instead with an equally puzzled tone.

"I just went into the closet and none of your clothes are in there" Lorenzo stated.

"I kept my clothes in the closet of this room, that's why" I answered, getting back to arranging the books.

"Where have you been sleeping ever since you came here?" He asked, arms folded while focusing his gaze on me.

"Here" I answered and looked up at him.

"Nat, I thought we agreed on sharing the same room" He sighed.

"But- But the last time we came here, you pointed to this room and told me that this is mine" I reasoned and he just looked at me feeling defeated.

"Come" He said, offering me his hand and leading me to the next bedroom.

"I'm tired, I want to sleep" He whispered, pulling me into bed, my face colliding with his chest while he inhaled my shampoo.

"We'll have the maids bring in all your clothes tomorrow. Let's take a nap now before dinner" He mumbled before sleep consumed his consciousness.

Even after Lorenzo felt asleep, I lay awake trying to calm my pounding heart but to no avail.

Why is life so unfair? Why can't it be rainbows and unicorns?

The thought of liking Lorenzo scared me because I would have to pay great prices for the consequences.

I wonder what if Lorenzo and I met each other as normal singles, dated, fell in love and then get married.

Would we view marriage differently? Or would we get stuck at a point like this.

"What're you thinking about?" Enzo muttered bringing me out of my trance.

"Nothing. You're awake already?" I asked him and he turned to the alarm clock on his bedside table.

"I slept for almost two hours" He said quizzically.

"Oh" I said.

So I've been thinking for the past two hours and could not come with any answer or solution?

You dumb girl.

Lorenzo freshened up and we both went down for dinner.

"Nat, I was thinking if you want to work in the headquarters of Maxfield Industries. You can look after the Financial Department and Marketing Department as well" Lorenzo suggested.

"I don't think I can. I'm struggling with my job as an Economics Professor and the Financial Director at Salvatore Enterprises" I declined.

"You can leave your job at the University" Lorenzo stated, cutting a piece of the braised chicken and placing it on my plate.

"I won't. I earned it, I'm not letting go" I said in a stern tone.

"Okay, okay. You don't have to take my words that seriously" Lorenzo chuckled.

After dinner, we decided to get back to our room, hmm, sounds so weird, our room?

Okay, so we went back but none of us could sleep.

Lorenzo had already slept for two hours straight a few moments back and for me, I just had too much on my mind to fall asleep about.

"Enzo, what'll it be like for us in the future?" I turned to Lorenzo whose back I was facing.

"Why the sudden question though?" Lorenzo raised an eyebrow as he turned to face me.

"Just. I ask myself so many questions and end up with more questions instead of answers" I look at anything else but his eyes.

"Nat, I promise that I'll never leave you. Like you said, we'll sort things out, step by step" He tried to calm me down.

"I just feel like if things happen badly, we might end up apart" I blurted.

"You're overthinking. Trust me, no matter what happens, I'll find a way to get to you" He smiled, lightly squeezing my hand.

Can I trust him?

Will there be a time when I'll doubt his coming?

Does he feel the same way?

Thousands of questions bombarded in my head, I fell asleep as though my confusion consumed me.