41

Lorenzo and I got into the car, not a single conversation exchanged because we both had so much going on in our minds.

I decided to take a nap since it would take us some time to get home.

When I woke up, I found myself in bed, under the covers while Lorenzo gently rubbed my cheek.

"How long was I asleep?" I rubbed my eyes.

"Two hours" He said, looking out of the window to check how dark the sky got.

"It's almost time for dinner" He added.

"Enzo, can I ask you something?" I said in a serious tone.

"Hmm?" He asked me to continue.

"What did Mom mean when she told you not to regret and also that things have changed?" I question him while sitting up on bed.

"Uh- I don't think it's important for you to know" Lorenzo said in a very cool tone.

"But I want to know" I look up at him.

"So um, I resigned from my post" Lorenzo said, scratching his head.

"What post?" I asked, puzzled about what post he had resigned from.

"From Maxfield Industries" He said, looking down to avoid my eyes.

"Lorenzo James Maxfield, what?" I asked in disbelief.

"Don't worry, I also have another company which I'm handling. Of course, it's like five times smaller than the Maxfield Industries but if I focus on it more, it'll flourish" Lorenzo gave me an apologetic smile.

"Enzo, are you out of your mind? Living as the CEO of Maxfield Industries has been your dream. What were you thinking?" I asked him.

"Nat, even if I have the position as the CEO, if I don't have you, I don't want it" Lorenzo sighed.

"I come after the company, remember?" I mentioned.

"You want me to have the company that bad?" Lorenzo inquired.

"Of course I want you to have the company. It has been your lifelong dream. And I love you too much for you to slack off from your dream" I quaked.

"Nat, don't take this to heart. We haven't gone broke" Lorenzo joked to lighten up the mood.

"I promise I'll work even harder" Lorenzo vowed while hugging me and we sit like that until the housekeeper knocks on the door.

"Dinner has been served" She chimed and left.

Lorenzo and I get down for dinner and we eat in pin drop silence again.

The only sounds came from our housekeeper and the maids who scrubbed the pots and pans.

"Emma, I can do the dishes" I insisted but she kept saying it was her job.

"Nat, you need to take rest. Let's call in sick tomorrow and take a break?" Lorenzo suggested.

"I've missed classes and..." I began but Lorenzo wouldn't budge.

"Fine, let's finish dinner and go back to sleep" I finally gave in.

Lorenzo was done before me and went to take a shower.

I insisted on washing our plates because that was the least I could do.

"Mrs. Natalie, I just wanted to tell you that Mr. Lorenzo wasn't in a good condition these past few days. He seemed distressed but when you were having dinner, there was this contentment on his face everytime he looked at you" Emma smiled.

"Hmmm, I've been gone just for a few days and he becomes a different person" I said, knowing that Emma and the maids already knew what had happened.

"We all know that everything was a misunderstanding. We're glad to have you back" Emma gave me a genuine smile.

"You're too kind, Em" I smiled back before they leave for the night.

I walk up to our bedroom and take a shower after Lorenzo.

As soon as I walk into the room wearing comfortable clothes, Lorenzo pulls me into a hug.

A warm hug. An embrace that I craved for.

"Enzo" I whispered and he hummed back in response.

"Thank you for coming" I said in a hushed tone.

"For better or for worse, remember?" He pulled away from me.

"Let's go to sleep, I'm still really sleepy" I drag Lorenzo to bed.

As Lorenzo makes a few calls before getting under the covers, I too, check my phone and come across different hot topics.

Rich People Things: Ruthless CEO and beauty rumored to divorce within a year of marriage

Wait, this was posted a few days back, let me check the latest hot topics.

Calm down, Natalie, calm down. It's not a big deal.

Rich People Things : Ruthless CEO and beauty spotted in the car together

Somehow the rumors had died down, but I knew that paparazzi being everywhere, it would be impossible to hide things that had happened.

Maybe I should address the press with Enzo, or maybe we-

"Nat, what's wrong?" Lorenzo sat beside me.

"Nothing" I smiled, putting my phone away.

Lorenzo gets under the covers and pulls me closer to him.

My back was pressed against his chest and I could feel his heart thumping loudly.

"Why is your heart beating so fast? It's not the first time that we've slept together like this" I chuckled.

"When you're around, my heart beats like crazy and my mind goes blank. I can't seem to figure out why" Lorenzo whispered.

"Geez, that's so cringe" I turn to face him.

Lorenzo lets out a laugh, and sleeps on his back as we both stared at the ceiling.

"Can you imagine we'll be having kids running around the house in a few years' time?" Lorenzo said in a light tone.

"Kids? You want them?" I asked.

"Of course, why not? But not now. I want the both of us to be fully ready before we take any step" Lorenzo answered and I nodded my head in agreement.

He was right. We both need to figure out ourselves before deciding to start a family.

Maybe the future holds happiness.

Maybe we'll get to have normal lives.

Maybe all these melodrama will be over soon enough.

Do you?