40

Natalie's POV
A week without Lorenzo and I feel close to death.

Nothing excites me anymore, my yearning for Lorenzo seems to grow more and more each day.

I finally learned how important and strong the bond of a husband and a wife actually is.

I'm lost in thought, dumbstruck and confused with what I didn't know I was feeling when there's a knock on my door.

Knock! Knock!

"Go away, I'm not hungry" I murmured without getting up, assuming that it was one of the maid bringing me yet another tray of food.

Another knock!

"I said I'm not hungry!" I snapped as I sit up on bed when my expression falters.

There, at my door, stood Lorenzo, in yet another suit looking as ravishing as ever but the prominent dark circles, the painful smile he showcased said something else.

Literally ripping the IV drip off my wrist, not at all caring about anything else, I run to him, almost pouncing on him as I hugged him with all my might. Lorenzo slowly pulls my leg by his sides, practically carrying me as I sobbed on his shoulder.

I couldn't describe what I felt. I felt happy, grateful, sad, pissed.

"I'm here, ain't I? Stop crying" He whispered in my ear as he rubbed my back, a way of comforting me.

Lorenzo sits on the bed while I clinged on him like a koala on a tree branch.

"Why did you take so long to come? Do you know I waited for you everyday?" I asked after composing myself.

"I know and I'm sorry. I had to take care of some things before coming to get you" Lorenzo apologized, a faint smile playing on his lips.

'I'll- I'll forgive you because you came back" I took his hand, playing with his wedding ring and he chuckled at my response.

"You still haven't answered me" He remarked.

"About?" I ask, still focused on his ring.

"I told you I love you but I never got to hear your answer" He said, sounding serious.

How am I supposed to answer him?

I draw a deep breath before turning to look up at him.

"Why? Why do you love me?" I asked, confusion laced in my voice.

"You made me human again, Natalie. I was, but a cold, ruthless businessman who knew nothing but to deal with business contracts investments. Look at me now, I value other things than that" He drew a breath in before slowly releasing it again.

"I had given up on the thought that you married me for money long time back, but I wanted to make myself sure what I had been feeling these past few days. I am more of myself when I'm with you. I have never felt this way before. These emotions are so new to me" He looked down at me gently gripping his hands.

"I have never wanted to care for anybody like I want to care for you. You love my family as they are, make them feel as if you were their own. Your kind and gentle soul is something I've never come across" He said and I gulped, tears forming in my eyes.

"These few days that I've been apart from you, I finally understood what I felt. I missed having you by my side, I missed having you fret over me being obsessed with work and not taking care of myself, I missed hugging you to sleep. I missed everything about you. I wanted you to take care of me like you took care of me as a loving wife"

"I love you, Natalie. You are the most unexpected yet biggest blessing in my life. I really can't live without you" Lorenzo said, almost whispered the last part of his sentence and looked deep into my eyes.