31

"Are you ready?" Lorenzo asks me as I go through his schedule for the day.

"Yeah, just gimme a minute" I answered, grabbing my bag.

Lorenzo spins me around to face him.

"Are you sure you can do it? If not, you can still back out" He gave me a reassuring look.

"Stop treating me like a spoilt kid. Trust me, I can do it" I assured him.

"Okay" He let out a deep breath before we settled in the car to get to work.

"Let's go!" I shrieked as we got out of the garage.

"We're going to work, not to some amusement park. It's nothing out of the ordinary" Lorenzo frowned at my hyperactivity.

"Yes, Sir" I smiled before Lorenzo focused on driving.

Once we reach the might Maxfield Industries' headquarters, I try to open the door of the car when Lorenzo stops me.

"That is not very lady like. Shut up and sit until I get out and open the door for you" Lorenzo scolded before doing so.

Once he opens the door, Lorenzo holds out his hand to help me out of the car.

"You don't have to do it. It's not like I'm not capable of getting out of the car by myself" I whispered into his ear.

"Don't forget, you're not my assistant. You're the wife of the CEO of the Maxfield Industries" He reminded me.

"Let's go in" I smiled in return.

Lorenzo and I walk in and even though his employees greet him, he keeps a deadpan expression not even turning to look at them. I had a modest smile on my face as everyone looked at me like they had just seen a ghost.

Once we were in the elevator, I turn to face Lorenzo.

"Enzo, how can you ignore your employees like that? They were greeting you and you didn't even turn to look at them" I said, feeling frustrated over how he was acting.

"What do you expect?" He cocked an eyebrow.

Breathe, Natalie. You promised to tolerate this egoistic jerk.

"No worries, I'll figure something out" I gave him another smile to show that I wasn't feeling defeated.

As soon as we reached his office, I saw that there was an inner office with the secretary's desk in a smaller, outer room.

"This is just fine" I smiled as I patted the desk.

"You get excited over the silliest things. And I'm sorry to burst your bubble but you'll get another desk, that too in my room. Not here" Lorenzo stated.

"No, I can't stand being in the same room as you. I'm okay here" I smiled sarcastically.

Lorenzo does not even try to convince me and walks in to start work.

The day goes by as he spends time in his office. I check the schedule and see that there's 10 minutes until a board meeting.

Knocking on his door, I walk in and inform him.

He suggests that we go early since he wants me to know in and around the office.

The conference room is on the top most floor so we take the elevator again.

"I'll order something for you to eat for lunch, after the meeting is over. What do you want?" I asked bluntly.

"Let's go out for lunch" He said.

"Oh no, you can't. You have to finish all the paperwork on your desk by today" I reasoned.

"Anything will do then" He replied.