9

"Nat, I don't know what to get for her" Tony choked, almost on the verge of crying.

We decided to go shopping to get a gift for his girlfriend, Tesha. But everytime we'd decide on something, Tony would question himself on whether she would like it or not.

"Tony, if we go on like this, we won't be able to get her anything" I sighed.

We came across designer bags, jewellery sets, clothes and shoes but he would have a second thought on all of them.

I turn and walk around to the watch section.

"Hey, Tony, come here. I got the perfect gift for Tesha" I squirm, my eyes lighting up.

He rushes over and I show him the watches for couples.

The boutique manager comes and as I ask, he shows us the pair of platinum watches which were so exquisite.

"Look, Tony. These watches are really going to suit you and Tesha. She has a huge collection of watches and I swear, she's gonna love this one" I said.

Tony also agrees and we get the watches before making our way back home.

"Let's get some candy for the kids" I practically begged Tony who was desperate to get home.

We finally stop at a candy store which was next to a nice cafe. I could literally smell hot chocolate and coffee from the candy store.

After paying for a large bag of gummy bears, rock candy, chocolate bars and choco balls, gum balls, caramel toffees, sour belts and marshmallows, I slowly walk out of the store to the car where Tony was waiting for me when I notice a familiar face.

None other than the devil himself, Lorenzo.

He wasn't alone though. He was with a famous model. Lauren Pink.

She models for my cousin, Tim's designs so I know her quite well.

"Natalie, what are you doing here?" Lauren asked, coming over to me.

"I just went shopping with Tony so I was getting back home. What're you doing?" I asked, a fake smile plastered on my face as I maintained eye contact with Lorenzo.

"We were just about to get coffee" Lauren smiled as she lightly squeezed Lorenzo's hand.

I don't know what I was thinking but I felt bile rise in my throat.

"Oh, that's nice. Anyway, it was nice meeting you" I smiled bitterly as she gave me a genuine hug.

I gave a bitter look at Lorenzo while Lauren hugged me before I went to the car.

"Wasn't that Lorenzo?" Tony asked.

"Yeah" I replied dryly.

Seeing that I didn't want to speak any further, Tony didn't ask anymore questions and we went home.

-At home-
"Aunt Nat is home!" Nancy squealed as she got off from her rocking horse and ran over to me.

"Oh, you missed me?" I laughed while hugging her and she profusely nodded.

Jacob also comes and hugs me.

"Why does nobody miss me?" Tony pouted.

"Because you never play with us" Jacob sneered.

"I got you both candy. Just don't tell your Mom and Dad. Hide it in the last kitchen drawer near the door. No one will check it" I whispered in their ears before they ran off.

"Nat, thanks for today" Tony thanked me before going back to his bedroom.

"Natalie, you're home?".Aunt Christina said, walking down the stairs with a notebook.

"Yes, Auntie. Is there anything I can help you with?" I inquired.

"Here's your wedding card. We're still printing copies of your wedding card since there are almost a thousand to make" She remarked while handing me the card.

The wedding card had a white envelope and inside it was a clear plastic card with gold accents. There was fancy calligraphy written on it.

Natalie Karina Salvatore.

Lorenzo James Maxfield.

These two names were written so beautifully, I feel bad that it's all fake.

"Wow, it's so beautiful" I exclaimed.

"Right?" She smiled.

"Yes, it is. Thank you" I smiled back at her before taking a refreshing bath and having dinner.

"Aunt Nat, can I sleep with you tonight?" Nancy looked at me with her big eyes while holding onto her bunny plushie for dear life.

"Sure" I answered opening my study room door wider to let her in.

Making herself comfortable in bed, she still holds onto her bunny.

"Aunt Nat, if you get married, will you also never have time for me and Jake just like Mom and Dad?" Nancy asked, her pretty doe eyes filled with innocence.

"No, I'll make sure to visit you and we could hang out too" I chuckle.

"Now, go to sleep. It's late and you have school tomorrow" I remind her.

Kissing her forehead, I caress her hair and watch her fall into a deep slumber.

Nancy looked so peaceful while sleeping.

What do four year olds dream about?

What do they wish for?

What if Nancy is also forced to get married like me?

Will she go against her parents or happily accept it?

I wonder if I'll be treated well enough. Or I'll just be another pawn for Lorenzo to get away.

Lauren and Lorenzo seems to have a strong relationship.

Am I going to become the mistress?

Am I going to break a relationship?

I don't even know if I can survive the one year with Lorenzo and here I am, worrying about another thing.