23

Lorenzo had been distant the whole evening.

He even ignored me during dinner.

"Let's all stay up tonight" Natasha suggested but Chris was quick to intervene.

"No, they must be tired. Let them rest tonight. Have your share of fun tomorrow" Chris said in a calm tone yet his voice held so much authority.

So much for being the eldest in the family, huh?

Natasha huffed and puffed in anger before leaving for her room.

"Will she be okay?" Lorenzo asked, seeing that Natasha was really angry.

"Don't mind her. She'll be fine tomorrow" I assure him and we both retire to our bedroom.

Since Lorenzo was on the phone making calls, I fell asleep waiting for him.

-The next morning-
I wake up to find Lorenzo's side of the bed empty.

He woke up early on a holiday. Such a weird person.

I yawn and stretch before looking out of the window. And guess what! It's snowing. Like real snow.

I run down the stairs and open the door to the front yard and squeal in excitement.

"I knew you'd act crazy when you see snow" Tony snorted.

"Whatever" I rolled my eyes and scooped a bit of snow.

"Natalie, why didn't you wear your coat?" Lorenzo said from behind.

I look down to notice that I was still in my night dress.

"I got so excited, I forgot" I said with a sheepish smile.

"Come here" Lorenzo pulled me into his chest and wrapped his coat around me.

"Warm right?" Lorenzo said as my cheeks began to heat up.

I simply nodded my head and we stand like that for fifteen minutes.

"Let's go in. You need to wear warm clothes" Lorenzo whispered and gently led me in.

I quickly freshen up and get dressed in warm clothes when the doorbell rings and I hear my name being called.

"Grandma? Grandpa?" I run down the stairs.

"Easy there, Karina" Grandma chuckled, pulling me into a hug.

"How're you, dear?" Grandpa asked, with a huge grin.

"Good. Everything's great. Wait, let me go get Lorenzo" I said before walking down the main hall to our dining hall.

"Grandma and Grandpa is here. You wanna go meet them?" I ask Lorenzo who nods his head and follows me after.

We walk back and they both engulf Lorenzo in a huge hug.

"James, I hope you're treating Karina well" Grandpa teased.

Seriously, our grandparents and their habit of calling us with our middle names. Geez.

"Yes, Grandpa, I am" Lorenzo said with so much assurance, I felt like rolling my eyes.

"Let's all have breakfast" Mom came and took us in.

After a hearty breakfast, Lorenzo and I decide to hang out at our family bakery.

All the younger ones, except Chris had decided to tag along.

"Hey, what're you all doing here?" The head baker, Lawrence said, feeling as excited as ever.

"Meet Lawrence, she's the head baker and Vinnie's best friend. And Estella who is also one of our far relative and the head decorator" I introduced the two most important people in the bakery.