34

Lorenzo and I had a hard time because work load was heavy but we still managed to get everything done before the due time.

I ignored Elena all the while since I didn't want to spark any enmity.

We had just boarded the plane to go back home when I started getting this really bad feeling.

"Are you okay? You seem troubled" Lorenzo came and placed a hand on my forehead.

"I'm having this really bad feeling, like something terrible is going to happen" I groaned as Lorenzo gently wiped beads of sweat from my forehead.

"Take rest. I'm sure you'll be all good" Lorenzo placed a thin blanket over me.

I began feeling restless, a different kind of restless. I couldn't sleep, I didn't feel hungry.

Something bad is about to happen and my heart is telling me that, I wonder what it is.

After a long restless flight, we are led into a vehicle to get home and I still feel horrible.

"Let's get you to the hospital" Lorenzo looked worried.

"I'm okay. Once we get home, I'll take a nap and I'll be all good to go" I tell him and he just nods.

I'm almost on the verge of getting knocked out when my phone rings again.

"Yes?" I asked as soon as I pick up the call, not even checking who had called.

"Mrs. Natalie, you are expected to report to Mr. Salvatore, first thing tomorrow morning" My father's secretary informed.

"Yeah, sure. You can email me the time and I'll be there" I replied before hanging up.

I fall into a restless sleep and since I'm half conscious, Lorenzo carries me bridal style to the bedroom when I get sufficient sleep.

"You need to get away" A lady who's face I can't figure out tells me.

"Why? What's wrong?" I asked.

"You- You don't want a part of you to die, do you?" She looked desperate.

"Nat" Lorenzo gently shook me.

"Hmm?" I got up, placing my head on the headboard.

"Here, soup" Lorenzo said as he fed me soup.

"Don't wait for me tomorrow morning. I'll have to stop at the Salvatore Enterprises headquarters before reaching your office" I inform Lorenzo.

"Why? Did Dad call for you?" He asked, gently wiping away some soup which had started dripping from my chin.

"Mhmm" I answer and Lorenzo quietly feeds me soup.

After I'm done, I freshen up real quick only to get back to bed and sleep sure did consume me because I woke up only the next morning, thanks to my alarm.

"I'm leaving!" I said loudly since Enzo was in the closet, getting dressed for work.

"You want me to drop you?" He offered but I declined.

Though my guts kept telling me something would go wrong, I pushed it away as I got out to start a new day.

After a 25 minutes drive, I reach the headquarters where I find Dad's secretary standing by the lobby.

"Good morning, Mrs. Natalie. Mr. Salvatore will see you in ten minutes. Until then, you are asked to wait here" The secretary greeted me.

Mrs. Natalie. It's been a few months and it still sounds so foreign.