20

I wake up to find myself confined to a tight space.

Well, Lorenzo has me pulled into his arms with his face right infront of mine.

My heart begins to thump like crazy and I start feeling this indescribable pain at the pit of my stomach.

But most importantly, I noticed his eyes.

His eyes were closed, but I knew what I would see behind the firmly shut eyelids. Those endless, black voids that mirrored the frenzied coldness of his dark soul remained the most captivating pair of eyes I had ever seen.

How many times was I imprisoned by his inquiring gaze?

How many times was I unable to look away even when those eyes radiated nothing but cruelty and hatred?

Silent memories of meeting him for the very first time and also the night before trickled into my consciousness, and I imagined him to open his eyes and look at me.

I gently place my hand on his cheek and caress it.

Lorenzo stirs in his sleep and slowly opens his eyes.

"How long have you been awake?" He asked me in his raspy, morning voice.

"Just now" I said, quickly sitting up.

"Take a break sometimes, Natalie" Lorenzo sighs, pulling me down and making me dangerously close to him.

"If anyone sees us like this, they'd see us as a happy married couple" I look up in his eyes and feel myself melting already.

"Isn't that our goal?" Lorenzo questions me and I have no answer.

"We still have to go to work" I said, pulling away from him.

After a warm shower, I get dressed and I'm good to go.

"Don't wait for me after work. I have some important matters to discuss with a client" I inform Lorenzo who insists to drop me off to my office room.

"Who is it?" Lorenzo asked with curiosity.

"Sebastian Nathaniel Vanderbilt" I answer him.

"Hell no. I'm picking you up after I get off work and you're gonna come home with me" Lorenzo snapped.

"What? Why?" I look at him in confusion.

"Because I know him. He's just a flirty good for nothing fellow trying to leech off your money" Lorenzo spat before leaving.

What is wrong with him now?

"Miss Salvatore" Sebastian says as soon as I enter my office.

"How long have you been here?" I asked since it would be very rude of me to make a client wait.

"Maybe an hour. But no problem, really" Sebastian assured me.

"And it's Mrs. Maxfield for you. I'm already married" I smiled, showing him my wedding ring.

"Of course" He said, taking my hand and kissing it, giving me a creepy feeling.

"I'm sorry we'll have to run over all the issues quickly because I won't be able to have dinner with you. I have plans" I apologised to Sebastian who gave a dirty pout, the kind that you'd love to smash your shoe on.

We soon settle down for business. We go through all the important details and handle the issues until it's lunch time.

"Why don't you go out for lunch while I wrap things up for you?" I suggest since Lorenzo might come over anytime soon.