8

He walks in, completely ignoring me so I quickly wipe my tears before waddling behind him.

"Oh, Enzo, why didn't you tell us that you were coming?" Karen asked, taking a bite of her lasagna.

"I finished work early so I thought I'd swing by" Lorenzo answered before giving everyone a big smile and taking a seat.

Tony quickly sits next to Lorenzo while Evelyn sat on the other side of him.

Tony was well aware that I wasn't comfortable enough to sit next to Lorenzo.

"Natalie, sit and have dinner" Chris offered, noticing the pissed look on my face.

I quietly sit between Chris and Juli and have dinner.

All through out the dinner, everyone bombards questions at Lorenzo and he answers them with patience.

After dinner, we all head to the living room and sit while discussing more about the wedding.

"Hey, Lorenzo, let's head outside once. Y'know, a man to man talk" Chris said sounding serious.

I was completely sure that Chris would say something irrelevant to Lorenzo and he'd get mad.

"I actually have things to discuss with him. He should stay back" I suggested.

"Nat, if Chris has to talk to Lorenzo. Let him do the talking" Tony showed me a serious face.

"No worries" Lorenzo said as he walked out with Chris.

"That was so weird" Natasha said as she took a spoonful of her dessert.

"Don't mind them. Men will be men" Juli laughed to lighten the mood.

We then get back to discuss about the wedding. They were all too excited and I just sat listening to them.

After a few minutes, Chris and Lorenzo walked in together. Though they had neutral faces, I was well aware that they had some serious talking.

"Umm, Lorenzo, I was thinking it'd be a better idea if you send me the list of the groom's men. After you're done with it, you can give it to me" Vinnie said inorder to break the eye contact I was having with Chris.

For the first time, Chris looked away. He had always been a responsible brother and being the eldest, he always knew what to do so that he could protect us. Knowing that he must've done it for good, I focus on the others.

"Sure" Lorenzo replied.

"And will you please send me the list of the guests you're inviting as well, maybe this week?" Juli inquired.

"Yeah, I'll have it sent as soon as Mom and Dad finalizes the guest list" Evelyn offered.

"Evie, you'll have to go home and get Hayley" Rose reminded Evelyn.

"Who's Hayley?" I asked since I didn't know what they were talking about.

"My daughter. She recently turned 4" Evelyn smiled.

"Wait, you're married? How did I not know?" I asked, since it was my first time.

"Nat, didn't you hear her mention about it before? Her husband is on a business trip and she left her baby with the nanny to come here" Natasha said, somehow giving me a weird look.

"Oh, I might've not paid attention before" I sighed since I was too busy thinking about myself that I totally forgot about the others.

"No worries, they'll be here next week. She can't wait for her uncle to get married" Evelyn smiled again.

Evelyn and Juli have such mature minds. They know how to tackle with all sorts of problems.

"It's just that her uncle isn't too good with kids" Karen snorted and everyone burst into laughter.