14

I wake up to the screeching sound of my alarm.

Squinting my eyes, I turn off my alarm before stretching on the couch.

Yep, I had no option but to sleep on the couch and I see myself sleeping on this couch until next year.

Yawning, I sit up and find myself cozied up in a warm blanket.

Must've been Lorenzo.

Sometimes he's so cold but then again, he also shows that he is a human being with a beating heart.

I can never understand him.

Since Lorenzo is nowhere to be seen, I take a quick shower before changing into a nice outfit for work.

While brushing my hair, Lorenzo walks in with a towel loosely hanging from his waist and I feel myself blush a deep red.

Quickly getting my bag, I rush out to the bedroom where I had been working last night and put in my notepad and my laptop in the bag.

I slowly walk down the stairs and head for the dining room to find Lorenzo's parents and siblings having breakfast.

"Natalie, good morning" Rose chimed from her seat.

"Good morning" I greeted back.

"Sit here, Natalie. I'll have someone bring you your breakfast" Mrs. Salvatore or should I say, Mom smiled.

"You should've stayed back at the club. It was amazing" Karen said in a dreamy tone.

"Too bad, I don't like them" I playfully scrunched my nose.

Mom places a plate of pancakes before me.

"Here, the others told me that you love berries a lot. So I made blueberry pancakes" She said.

"Thank you. I do love them" I answered while digging into the pancakes.

"These taste just like Mom's" I said, my voice cracking a bit.

"Hon, your Mom and I are same now. Feel free to share your opinions here as well" Mom smiled again and I nodded.

Lorenzo also joins us and takes the seat next to mine.

"Where're you both going?" Karen asked, wiggling her eyes at us.

"Obviously, work" Lorenzo rolled his eyes.

I gulp a mouthful of juice before standing up and straightening my clothes.

"I heard that Chris and Tony brought my car over last night" I looked at Rose.

"Here are the keys" She said, passing me my car keys.

"Enzo, why don't you drop her?" Mom gave Lorenzo a look.

Lorenzo didn't say anything. He just groaned.

"Don't worry, Mom. I can drive myself" I smiled before leaving.

I drive to school and find people staring at me.

"Nat! What're you doing here?" One of my colleague, Bonnie asked.

"Umm... I have class?" I answered her question, almost not having a definite answer.

"I heard you got married yesterday" She smirked.

"Yeah... Not a big deal though" I replied bluntly.

"You're joking. You married the hotshot CEO who bagged the Bachelor of the Year award for three consecutive years!" Bonnie squealed.

"Oh, yeah, I did" I smiled.

"But it's arranged" I added.

"Really?" She looked shocked.

"Don't worry... you'll find love in him soon" She waved before I left to attend class.

Find love in him?

The whole idea about finding love in him made me let out a laugh.

This man could never love.

After a long and tiring day, I drive back to the Maxfield mansion only to find Evelyn with her little kid, Hayley.

I hadn't spent enough time with Hayley before, most probably because I wasn't all happy and excited about the wedding and Lorenzo's family.

In short, I lacked enthusiasm.

"Hey, Evie... Hi, Hayley" I greeted Evelyn before shifting my attention to the 4 year old girl who held on to her mother's hand for dear life.

"Nat, I need your help" Evelyn looked desperate.

"Yeah?" I asked in a serious tone.

"I need to attend a bidding in Toronto. And if I do win it, I might have to stay back there for a week or so. Plus, both my husband and I have to be present so we cannot take Hayley with us" Evelyn explained.

"Okay" I said and she continued.

"And I don't want to leave Hayley with the nanny. My younger sisters are incapable of handling her and I don't want to burden my parents" She somehow, pleaded.

"Don't worry, Evie. Go ahead" I smiled.

"She really loves her Uncle Enzo so it won't be a problem for the both of you" She added.

Hayley gave her Mom a hug before waving at her.

"I owe you big time and I'm really sorry" Evelyn said as she went out the doors.

"Okay, Hayley" I stooped down to her height.

"I'm Aunt Nat. You remember me?" I asked her and she nodded.

"What do you want to do?" I question her.

"I'm hungry" She said in a small voice.

"Let's get your luggage upstairs and we can eat something" I said, holding her tiny luggage in one hand while she clutched my other hand.

After keeping her luggage in the bedroom, we both head downstairs.

Noticing some chocolate chip cookies in the snacks drawer, I warm up a glass of milk and watch as she eats them.

I'm reminded of my niece when I see Hayley eating whole heartedly.

And for some reason, I missed the comforts of my home.

Damn, Natalie. You're missing home already? It's not even been a day.