36

"Natalie" My cousin Tony along with my younger twin brothers, Jared and Aaron came into my room.

I didn't say anything else except blankly stare at the wall as if it was the most interesting thing in the world.

"Here, I got you your favorite smoothie" Tony gave me a genuine smile like I was all good.

"I don't want it" I said, giving him a disgusted look.

I never wanted to eat anything. Nothing seemed to distract me from the fact that I needed Lorenzo now, more than ever.

I had lost track of time, days.

I hadn't slept without feeling the urge to actually have a good night sleep.

I would either cry myself to sleep or think too much that I would black out and fall into a restless, dreamless sleep.

I thought life would be all so happy after getting a good job.

I thought that marriage was something I can live without.

Now I know the bond between a husband and a wife is stronger than anything when you're bounded by love.

"Nat, I'm sorry for everything. I really am. That's why, we hope that you get over it as soon as possible and once you're up on your feet, you can continue working like before" Tony remarked.

"Yeah, Nat. We love you so much, it's really hard for us to see you in this condition" Jaren sighed.

"Mhmm, Mom and Dad are also very miserable nowadays, now that you're not eating" Aaron added.

Even at this point, I feel bad that I'm actually disappointing my parents but right now, I have to prioritize myself. I need to keep myself as my top most priority.

I just need to see Lorenzo. Just once. And I'll know if we can take things further.

"Guys, enough. I have to change her IV drip" Vinnie shooed them away and gently changed the IV.

"Natalie, trust me, we're all trying our best to convince all of our parents. Especially Chris and Juli. You have to trust in us" Vinnie gave me a concerned look.

I didn't say anything but instead, pulled her into a hug.

I needed to be comforted, especially by my elder sister though she was my cousin.

"It's gonna be okay" She said, slowly rubbing my back.

"Are you gonna eat?" Vinnie asked.

"I don't feel hungry" I murmured before pulling away from her and getting under the covers.

I am woken up by my Mom who called me as she walked in.

"Don't act like a spoilt baby" Mom scolded, before sitting beside me with a bowl of soup on a tray.

"Here, I got you chicken soup" Mom suddenly changed her grim facial expression to a huge smile.

Though she wanted to be angry at my childish antics, she was still a mother. My mother.

"Mom, I'm not hungry" I grumbled as she blew on the soup, forcing a spoonful.

"Enough!" I pushed her away and she looked at me with utter shock.

"This isn't the Natalie I nurtured for more than twenty years. What have you done to her?" Mom taunted.

"Mom, I thought you'd understand me, at least. Why? Why are you all doing this to me?" I wept.

"Natalie, your Dad and I have been discussing your situation for days. It's best to let go" Mom also cried, seeing me in such a difficult situation.

"Would you let Dad go, if you were in my place?" I asked back and by her expression I knew that it was a big blow on her face.

"Mom, I love him. More than I could ever love anybody else. Please" I pleaded.

Then I realized what I said.

Yes, I loved him. And there was no denying that.

"If cutting you off your so called love will make you a Salvatore again and restore your life, so be it" Mom said before storming out of my room.

I didn't blame my parents for forcing this divorce since they found out about the contract marriage. They had every right to feel this way, even I would do too if it were my children.

But the problem was that they wouldn't budge. The more I tried to explain how Enzo and I weren't in a contract marriage anymore, the more they turned a deaf ear to me.

I feel lost. Nobody understands me and I feel like I'll die.

Though it may sound immature, I have lost the will to live.