28

"Nat?" Lorenzo calls me as he gently caress my cheek, while pushing a few strands of stray hair from my face.

"Hmmm?" I slowly wake up, getting adjusted to the rays of sunshine which came in through the window.

"Hey, we have to wake up and get our things ready" He so gently whispered.

"But there's so many clothes and shoes to pack" I whined, remembering that packing my things will take more than 2 hours.

"We'll have three maids help you" He chuckled.

Right after breakfast, the maids come to help me pack my things. Two maids were assigned to pack my novels collection while three of them helped me to pack my clothes, shoes and other accessories.

Lorenzo and one of the butler is packing his clothes when he gets a call.

"Yes?" He asked in his cold, business tone.

"No, I have no plans for today. Cancel if there's any" He sounded stern until there was a long pause and he let out a deep sigh.

"Okay, I'll be there in 20 minutes" Lorenzo said, pinching the bridge of his nose before hanging up.

"Enzo? What's wrong?" I turn to him while in the midst of carefully placing Grandma's gift for me, a nice sapphire studded jewelry set.

"Nat, I'm sorry but I have to go" He looked at me with an apologetic expression.

"Where do you have to go? Work?" I asked, unsure about what he was trying to say.

"I have to reach our UK headquarters immediately. There are important clients to meet and I have to go for inspection as well" Lorenzo explained, feeling as bad as ever that he had to break his promise and leave.

I knew that if I reacted badly, he'd leave with a heavy heart and he won't be able to concentrate in his work.

"Don't worry about me. You need to go" I gave him a big smile.

"Why don't you stay here until I come back?" Lorenzo tried to make me feel better.

"We already had everything finalized. The housekeeper at our new place must be getting ready to receive us. I'll go there and wait for you to come back" I assured him.

"Mr. Baker, can you please pack Lorenzo's clothes in another luggage while he gets his papers and other important files?" I requested the butler and walked behind Lorenzo to our study.

"I'm sorry" He apologized again as I helped him get his files and papers.

"It's not a problem. Now, you must hurry up" I remarked.

Once he's done, we both walk downstairs where the butler had placed his luggage in his car.

"I'll be back soon" Lorenzo looked at me before pulling me into his embrace and gave me a short kiss.

Once he left for the airport, I got back to packing the remaining things when Rose and Karen comes into the walk-in closet.

"Natalie, please just stay back until Enzo is back" Karen pleaded.

"I'm afraid I'll have to go because we have already informed the housekeeper. But I promise I'll pay you a visit at least once a week" I smiled.

"But there's no one to help me with Economics" She pouted.

"You can call me anytime for it" I assured.

"Here, why don't you take this pair of Christian Louboutin shoes. They're brand new" I gave her a box containing the designer shoes.