32

The week went by in a flash.

Lorenzo and I are currently packing our luggages since we're going to spend a week in Toronto to oversee and finalize the whole opening project.

"I got all the necessary paperwork and files ready. We can leave in 20 minutes for the airport" I informed.

"Can you stop acting like a low-life secretary?" Lorenzo looked at me as if he was already done with me being his secretary.

"Why?" I let out a laugh.

"I'm not used to seeing you like this. Besides if we go there, you're not my temporary secretary, you are the wife of the CEO of Maxfield Industries, hence, you will finalize everything that is necessary" Lorenzo said in a strict tone to which I couldn't say no.

"Yes, Mr. Maxfield" I sighed before the driver got our luggages in the car.

Lorenzo and I were to take a private jet, perks of being a billionaire.

"You can sleep all the way" Lorenzo lightly patted my head as I sat all so comfortably just a few minutes after we took off.

"Enzo?" I turned to see Lorenzo who was still typing away on his MacBook.

"Hmmm?" He hummed, his gaze still fixed on the MacBook screen.

"Why don't you take a break? You look really tired" I suggested.

"I'm good. I'll finish this" He declined.

After exhaling sharply, I walk over to where he sat and closed his laptop.

"Nat, go and rest while I finish this" Lorenzo gave me a glare.

"It's not very important anyway" I reasoned, sitting next to him.

Lorenzo is such a workaholic. He ignores his family for his work and that's making them drift away.

I swear, he won't even have time to spend with our kids-

Okay, girl, that's too far in the future. Relax.

"What're you thinking about?" Lorenzo turns to look at me.

"N-Nothing" I stammered.

Lorenzo gave me a suspicious look before turning away.

"Don't you feel like quitting?" Lorenzo asked, his gaze fixed out of the window.

"It's hard being a secretary but I'm good. Besides it's just for a few weeks" I answered, flipping a few pages of a magazine.

"I mean, being coaxed in an arranged marriage" He looks at me.

"It's not as hard as I thought it would be. I mean, your mood swings are hard to deal with but I've gotten used to peeling all the outer layers of you inorder to find the sweet man buried deep under" I chuckled.

"Didn't you hate me?" Lorenzo asked again.

Yes, I hated you but things have changed.

How can I even tell you that?

"What's all these deep thoughts discussion that we keep having all the time?" I furrowed my eyebrows in disgust as I stood up to walk to the washroom.

I didn't even turn to study Lorenzo's facial expressions nor did he say anything else.

What is this unknown feeling? Why is it bothering me so much?

I look at myself in the mirror when I feel the sudden urge to puke.

As I puked in the toilet bowl, Lorenzo knocks on the door.

"Nat? Are you okay?" He asked.

I didn't reply as I hurled into the toilet bowl once more.