26

"What's wrong?" Lorenzo gently shakes me by my shoulders as I sit infront of the vanity.

"Huh?" I asked.

"You've been spacing out for the third time after we came home tonight. Is something wrong?" Lorenzo asks me as he led me out to the bedroom.

"Uh- No" I answered.

"Did the contract signing not go well?" He asked.

I shake my head.

"Did my cousins make fun of you tonight?" He asked again.

"No. It's none of that" I answered.

"Then?" He looked at me.

"Uh- I was just thinking about what Grandma said" I muttered.

"Don't take Grandma's words seriously" He remarked with a frown.

"Mhmm. I was just thinking maybe we could adopt a kid and fulfill their wish before the contract ends" I suggested.

"I'll keep the kid after the contract ends and it will have nothing to do with you, ever again" I added.

I expected Lorenzo to give me a positive reaction but instead he lashed out his anger.

"Adopt a kid? Natalie, we're both capable to have a kid if we want to. I just want the both of us to be comfortable enough before we have kids!" Lorenzo ranted.

Did I hear him right?

"But y-you've always wanted the contract to end right? You loathed me, remember?" I croaked, my tears threatening to fall.

"Can't you see it? I like you! I like you so much, it scares me to lose you! Why are you so naive?" Lorenzo bellowed.

"Forget it. I need some time alone. Don't come to my study" His voice boomed before he left, not to forget how he banged the door before leaving which made me flinch.

He likes me?

He confessed he likes me and here I am, trying to suppress my feelings towards him.

What do I do?

Knowing that I need to give him his space, I decide to let him calm down before I talk to him.

"Natalie, is Enzo working again?" Mom asked as I sat down for breakfast the next morning.

"I think he left early. He must've some important client to meet" I lied.

Not a full lie though. Lorenzo had indeed left early in the morning. I heard him walk into the room to get his clothes but I didn't budge one inch from the bed. I knew that Lorenzo needed enough time to calm down.

This went on for almost a week.

See? This is Lorenzo.

Even though I might've said something that he didn't like, instead of clearing it out, he resolves to silence. He doesn't talk to me for days and suddenly, he's the best husband I could ever dream about.

Not that I'm blaming him.

I think this is why we were brought together.

To correct each other. To understand each other. To accept each other's flaws.

"Nat?" Kaitlyn snapped a finger infront of my face.

"Hmm?" I asked.

"Why're you spacing out again? This is the fourth time today alone!" She shrieked into my ear.

"What was that for?" I snapped.

"We don't have classes to attend at the University yet. Why do you seem so stressed?" Kaitlyn asked with worry laced in her voice.

"Nothing" I brushed off and concentrated on the warm cup of coffee infront of me.

"Did Lorenzo and you have a quarrel?" Kaitlyn raised a brow.

"Uh--- Kinda but we'll sort it out" I forced a smile.

"Natalie, you've got dark circles for the past one week. You don't eat enough, you keep spacing out. Don't you think you should clear things?" Kaitlyn sounded concern.

"Enzo's behavior is very- not understandable. I don't know what to say" I let out a deep sigh.

"Doesn't mean that you can't reconcile. Besides, you're known to be on good terms with everyone around. And he's your husband, for God's sake!" Kaitlyn rolled her eyes.

"When did you get so well with all these? Is Nicholas feeding you with all his philosophical thoughts and beliefs?" I smirked and Kaitlyn went red as a tomato.

"Whatever. This isn't about me and Nicholas. And please, me with that Nicholas? Never" Kaitlym snorted.

"Okay. I'll just pretend that I've never seen that matching bracelet you're both wearing" I laughed.

"Shut up" She hissed.

"Besides, I also know that you have feelings for Lorenzo" Kaitlyn tried to change the topic.

"Lol? Me? I don't think so" I stated calmly.

"Uh well, me think so" She gave me an irritating smile.

"Isn't it obvious that you both like each other? I mean, the husband drops the wife to work, then picks her up, gets angry when the wife wears revealing clothes to a label's opening. Then the wife makes sure that her husband wears clean and meticulous clothes, makes sure she doesn't miss her husband's family gatherings, stays awake until her husband comes to the bedroom. Huh! Such fantasy" Kaitlyn looks at me dreamily.

"Well, th-that doesn't mean w-we like each other, dumbo" I protested but to no avail.

"Nat, trust me. You like him. You just don't understand" Kaitlyn groaned at my lack of knowledge about my feelings.

How was I supposed to know? My brothers never let me have admirer. Their way of protecting me. So I could never figure out my feelings.

"Does your heart flutter when he gets near? Does he make you blush? Your stomach does a somersault when you kiss right? When he holds your hand, or even gently touches you, you feel sparks and your heart starts pounding like crazy ?" Kaitlyn asked.

I couldn't process any answer.

Did I like him?

"He makes you go out of your mind but until and unless you see him, you can't help but worry right? Despite making you feel all the sparks and uneasiness, you can't help but stay close to him because he makes you feel comfortable around him, doesn't he?" Karen banged her hands on the table.

Okay, so I do like him.

Wait, I like him?

"I like him" I mumbled.

"Yes, girl! Say it again" Kaitlyn said with a bright smile.

"Yes, I like him" I gave her a dumb look.

"You know what? Go home, talk to him and figure things out. I'll meet you whenever possible" Kaitlyn pushed me towards my car.

Friends for life? I bet.

But how am I gonna talk to him?

Is he still gonna get mad at me?

What if he doesn't talk to me?

My anxiety keeps trying to swallow me yet I know I can't back off.