13

What was the hardest part of everything?

Definitely walking down the aisle, saying yes and promising to remain faithful and love till death do us part or should I say, until a year passes by and the marriage contract gets over.

Focus. Stupid, you're doing it for your family.

Everyone's gaze is upon me and Chris.

I try to keep a soft smile under my almost transparent veil which was covering my face.

I mean, one wrong look and I'm gonna ruin the whole videography.

I look to the front to see Lorenzo standing next to the minister.

My breath hitches in my throat.

He looks devilishly handsome, like always. His body looks much more broader and muscular than ever before.

The black tuxedo hugs his broad shoulders and thin waist. His black hair had been styled back with gel.

An aura of power and dominance surrounds him, making him look more appealing.

How could someone look this good?

Natalie, Jones' trick of looking only at the person you're gonna marry really did work, huh?

I seriously need to stop talking to myself.

I take another deep breath and look up to see Lorenzo's gaze fixed on me.

In no time, Chris and I reach the altar.

Chris gently places my hand in Lorenzo's who then guides me to our place infront of the altar.

The minister then starts.

"We are gathered here today to join Natalie Karina Salvatore and Lorenzo James Maxfield in love and commitment"

"Natalie, will you take this man to be your husband, to live together in the covenant of marriage? Will you love him, comfort him, honor and keep him, in sickness and in health and forsaking all others, be faithful to him as long as you both shall live?"

I couldn't speak. Not a word uttered from my lips.

Lorenzo gives me a look.

Not a loving one though. More like a glare.

"Y-Yes, I do" I stuttered.

The minister asks Lorenzo the same thing and he answered without any hesitation.

Not even one emotion could be seen on his face.

The ring bearers then came up with the rings.

Our rings had each other's initials carved on it.

I must admit, the rings were beautiful but it held no meaning.

"I, Lorenzo, give to you, Natalie, this ring as a symbol of my commitment to love, honor and respect you. With this ring, I thee wed" Lorenzo vowed as he slipped the ring into my finger.

What did he say? Commitment to love, honor and respect me? That's quite funny.

But again, I could sense no emotion in his tone of speaking.

I don't know why, but I felt disappointed.

I also get Lorenzo's ring from my nephew while giving him a sweet smile.

I make the same promise while putting the ring on his finger.

I'm sure Lorenzo vowed just for tradition sake but I meant every word I had taken at the altar.