37

Lorenzo's POV
When people said that life gives you the most unexpected things, I never gave it a damn until I married Natalie.

Natalie is a very different girl.

Rich, hardworking, successful, humble, well mannered, good natured and her beauty is incomparable to others.

Her beautiful almond eyes, the perfect nose, the high cheekbones, sharp jawline and the most luscious lips.

Sometimes I wonder if God gave me the wrong wife.

But most of all, she is more than I could ever ask for.

She gets along with my family, my parents love her, she gets along with my siblings and cousins as if they were her own. Her bond with her family, her own siblings and cousins and her nieces and nephews is so strong, our marriage hasn't proved as a barrier.

I don't know why but she has hardly any flaws.

Sometimes she's a hothead and sometimes she gets too emotional but that's what makes her a woman.

I hate to admit it but I think I'm in love with Natalie.

I kept telling myself that I would never fall in love with her and that it would just be a contract between us but I guess, things changed.

I just need to find the right time to tell her how I really feel.

Natalie and I had just gotten back from our business trip to Canada and she wasn't in a good condition.

She kept telling me not to worry, but she looked miserable as ever. I fed her soup and let her sleep.

-The next day-
Natalie needed to stop at her family's company so she wanted me to go to work by myself.

Natalie had chosen my outfit for the day and so I wore it before leaving for work.

I'm halfway through the traffic and was almost about to reach the company when Dad's secretary calls me.

"Mr. Lorenzo. Mr. Maxfield wants you at the Salvatore Enterprises immediately" He informed with such urgency, I drive back to the Salvatore Enterprises.

I park my car and walk into the lobby to find Natalie speaking with the receptionist in such a friendly yet business like manner.

I quietly tap her shoulder and she turns to look at me, confusion all over her face.

"Enzo?" She said, as if making sure she wasn't hallucinating and that I was indeed standing infront her.

"Yeah, Dad asked me to come here" I answered her unasked question.

Natalie's Dad or may I as well say, Dad had his secretary sent to us and led us to his office and I could sense a weird feeling.

Natalie didn't look any better as she seemed distressed.

Natalie and I walk in to find not only her father, but my father as well, seated with grim, bold facial expressions.

The aura radiating from the two businessmen wasn't any business like. It was mere, I don't know if I guessed it right, disappointment.

Natalie kept fidgeting with her fingers and I wanted to comfort her but my own mind was all over the place.

"Merlin" Natalie's Dad called his secretary who placed a file on the center table.

Before we could analyze anything, he started to speak again.

"Since the both of you have opted for a contract marriage, we have decided to make it easier for you as we don't want to bound you with a fake marriage. We will have the both of you separate and inform the press that it's for some genuine reason" Dad said in a monotone.