33

The first person I met once I landed in Canada was Enzo's friend, Victor.

"Hi, I'm Victor Niklaus Parker. Enzo's wingman. You must've seen me at the wedding" He winked.

Victor looked like a fair man, well built like Lorenzo but just a few inches shorter than him. He dressed well and his facial features were fine, I guess, I was just not intrigued by his looks.

As Victor shaked my hand for a few seconds, Lorenzo was quick to intervene.

"Okay, we're gonna rest before meeting you at the party tonight" Lorenzo excused us.

Lorenzo and I was taken to the top most floor of the Maxfield Hotel in Toronto.

The penthouse on the top most floor gave the most serene view of the city. Lorenzo and I had dropped in late in the afternoon so we both took turns to take shower before lunch was served.

"Try the pasta. It's good" Lorenzo suggested as he took a bite while working on his laptop.

"I'm good. Salad will be okay for me" I answered.

"Nat, you never eat well. It's sickening, you know that right?" Lorenzo said.

"Don't worry, I eat well. Besides, it's not like I'm pregnant and starving" I muttered.

Lorenzo places his laptop on the coffee table and walks over to me.

"You can't joke about a really serious topic like that" Lorenzo didn't look too happy with me.

I take a deep breath. Maybe my joke was too serious.

"I didn't mean it that way. I just wanted you to know that I'm eating well enough" I apologize indirectly.

Grabbing a file to proof read, I sit next to Enzo on the couch.

"If you ever get pregnant, I'd make sure that you eat well. Like keep a 24/7 watch" Lorenzo turns to look at me and chuckles.

"Okay, enough of that. I'm sure we both need to figure out a lot of things. Babies can come a few years later" I stated and he quietly nods his head in approval.

"Oh, by the way, I have already picked out our outfits for tonight. Do let me know if you're not comfortable with anything. I'll try to adjust my outfit with yours on that matter" I inform Lorenzo before getting back to proof reading the file.

-Later that night-
"Are you done?" Lorenzo asks as I put on my shoes.

"Just gimme a minute. I have to put on my earrings" I answer him before grabbing Grandma's gold earrings which she gifted me.

I was wearing a spaghetti strap jet black gown which had a slit up to my thigh. Pairing my outfit with strappy golden heels, I added gold accessories such as earrings, a bracelet and a purse.

My hair was tied up in a sleek ponytail while my bangs were loosely curled and I had chosen to go for natural makeup but ended up with mascara, a bit of eyeliner and deep red lips since I didn't want to look caked up, not tonight, at least.

I had Lorenzo wear an all black tuxedo with a fitted black shirt and a black tie. Choosing a gold Rolex watch for him to match with me, I thought the whole outfit would look stunning and well, he didn't disappoint me.

As I'm done fixing my earrings, I find Lorenzo's gaze fixed on mine.

"What's wrong? You don't like it?" I asked Lorenzo as I looked at him from the vanity mirror.

"You look.... hot" His answer was reluctant.

"Was that compliment forced?" I asked smugly.

Okay, what else could I do?