22

I wake up to find Lorenzo already packing a few clothes in a luggage.

"I don't think we'll have to take so many clothes since it's just three days" He said, once he noticed me staring at him.

"Yeah, good morning to you too" I said in a cold tone before slipping into the bathroom to freshen up.

Once I'm done, I get back to get a few clothes for myself.

"You can put your clothes in my luggage" Lorenzo said, going through some paperwork while sitting on the couch.

As I pack, he makes all necessary phone calls and we both go down to have breakfast.

Mom and Dad were glad that we were both going to spend time with my family.

Karen didn't want me to go making Rose pull her back the whole time.

Once we're both settled in Lorenzo's car, we take the two hour journey to my old home.

"I think I'll drive my own car" I suggested even when I sat so comfortably in Lorenzo's car.

"No. As long as I'm here, you won't drive" Lorenzo said, more like commanded.

Because I didn't want to argue with him, I sit back and plug my Airpods to listen to any crappy music that played on Spotify, when suddenly, Lorenzo yanks one of my Airpod.

"Hey! What do you want now?" I snapped at Lorenzo.

"I just wanted to say that I'm sorry for last night" Lorenzo apologized, his eyes still fixed on the road.

"It doesn't matter" I said and got back to listen to What If I Told You I Like You by Johnny Orlando.

"Can you at least talk to me? It's so boring" Lorenzo shook me.

"You're so annoying" I scoffed before putting my Airpods away.

"That's better" Lorenzo grinned.

"Lorenzo, why can't we be in a friendlier term even if it's a contractual marriage? Why do you act so cold sometimes, then become the sweetest person out of no where, then build up your walls again?" I turn to Lorenzo and question him.

"I just... I'm just not used to opening up to people" He answered me.

"You don't talk to me for days and all of a sudden you act like the perfect husband. You confuse me so much" I said, still looking at him.

Lorenzo stops the car and turns to face me.

"I'm sorry, okay? I didn't know that I was hurting you while thinking about myself" Lorenzo said, sincerity wavering in his voice.

"No, I'm sorry. I shouldn't have said all that" I said, pulling the small blanket from the back seat which I had kept for emergency.

"I think I'll take a nap. I couldn't sleep well" I remarked.

"Yeah, I heard you sobbing" Lorenzo acknowledged.

Curling up on the seat, I fall into a deep slumber.

I'm in a white room with no window, and no doors. I feel like I'm trapped in a box.

"Don't lose him. Fate has already planned things. You cannot change it. Stick with him" A voice boomed.

"Wait, who is this? Why am I stuck here? What do you want?" I screamed, trying to get out of the box.

"Natalie?" Lorenzo gently shook my, waking me up.

"Are you okay? You're sweating" Lorenzo had a worried expression.