62. The Unknown Demise

CHAPTER 62: The Unknown Demise

Edmund had a practiced look of iced coldness in his silver orb eyes, riveting and so very dark. I saw it when I first met him, in a mere Academy hallway, he was rude and condescending and he had the same look on his face as he shoves his bag of clothes on the lounge suite and stares between Kenji and I. Kenji slides his hand from my hip as he clenches his jaw and looks down at me, Edmund stares into my eyes, a penetrating manner.

"You still believe I have nothing to worry about, lemon?"

His tone of voice struck a flinch from my already shaking bones. I take a step forward, fixing my silk gown over my chemise as I look up at him. I couldn't conjure enough words as his suit-covered figure stands staunching and magnificent in the doorway of the slammed wooden door. He stood taller almost, towering over Kenji and I like some sort of agent, hidden leadership and such dominance radiating from him.

I couldn't form words.

Kenji steps around me, "Excuse me." He mutters.

I gasp out when Edmund holds out his hand, connecting it with Kenji's chest, he looks down at Kenji in menace-controlled menace. A dark mist surrounded Edmund as he halts Kenji for all that he is, "If you ever touch her without her permission again, you better hope an expensive make-up job can cover what I'll do to you if you so much as pull a stunt like this again." He threatens Kenji. His tone of voice wasn't that of a growl of any sort, instead, it was stoic promise.

Kenji shoves his hand off of him, giving me one last look before he rips open the door and leaves, closing it behind him with a softer thud than when Edmund purposely slammed it to get our attention. Edmund stares down at me, "You obviously can't read a man's mind well enough to know how far his feelings go for you, can you?" He spits at me, stepping towards the bed and untying his shoes.

"I mean, for the love of God, Melanie. Do you think I'm blind or just an utter imbecile? If I were to use your posh and pretentious terminology." He says to me, harshly, as if this was all my fault. I keep my arms folded just under my chest. The cold air of the night brushing against my tense back as he rips his bag open and grabs a pair of shorts.

I don't even blink.

He points at the shower, "The second I'm done, we're having a long conversation because obviously there is nothing resolved. I understand why you're mad at me, but lying to my face about Kenji's feelings. What did you two talk about when you were both alone?" He asks me, staring in a penetrating manner, his tone of voice was strict and stern as he might as well be icing out the rest of the room with his glacial coldness sent in only my direction.

I stay still.

"Tell me, Melanie? What. Did. You. Two. Talk. About? Or so help me, I'll walk out of this room right now and board my plane which has already landed, but I wanted one more night with you because I didn't want to leave you like this. Pissed off with me, as always. As if I can't do anything right and I'm the apparent compulsive liar when you just lied to my face about Kenji." He shouts at me, angry now too.

I pinch the bridge of my nose, turning away from him.

He shoves his bag to the floor and slams the en-suite bathroom door closed. I slide down the edge of the bed, pulling my legs up to my chest. My chest shakes as I muffle that sounds ready to leave my throat as my eyes glaze over, my stomach clenches in a way that makes me want to hurl out dinner and everything else running through me. The shower running gives me the only indication that he's still in there.

When I heard the shower stop fifteen minutes later, I hurriedly move onto the bed, opening the sheets and settling in. My back facing the en-suite as I stare out into the balcony. I liked the wind drying out my tears, I stay still when the door opens.