73. Heart Screaming Blood

CHAPTER 73: Heart Screaming Blood

Talon grabs my arm and shoves me into yet another room, "Explain, now. Exactly what in the hell did you do to get his location? He told me to look out for you, to make sure you didn't do anything stupid. Right now, I think you just did something stupid." He says, harshly as he points down to where he shoved me on the bed, I sit up and stand up with a scowl on my face.

"What in the bloody hell are you doing? I have his location, we should be coming up with a plan right now, not arguing over how I got his location, you blithering arsehole." I spit at him, strutting around him, he rounds an arm around my waist and smacks me against his chest in one smooth motion.

I slap him.

Hard.

I glare into his eyes, "Don't you ever touch me against my will. Edmund would not want you to fucking manhandle me-Hell, he wouldn't even want you touching me and neither do I. I don't know what thoughts you have conjured up in that head of yours, but you are only here because I may need back-up to get the man I love and want to spend the rest of my life out of that fucking hellhole. Don't give me a damn nickname, my name is Melanie and I will not tolerate anymore bullshit you plan to spurt in my direction because you think you're wiser in this, that you no more. You left me in that library, you were scared-I get, but you were also a coward and a manipulative liar, all of you are. Back the fuck off of me and help me get Edmund back." I send a loathing menace in his direction, stepping away from him and towards the door he slammed shut.

"I know how much you mean to him. I know what we've made him do that caused so many problems and made you tackle so many obstacles with him, but if you can forgive Edmund, what about me? What about us?" He whispers, stepping towards me, azure blue eyes penetrating my amethyst ones as I look over my shoulder.

"There is no 'you' and there is no 'us'. I don't know what you want from me, but you cannot expect me to forgive you so easily and I want to focus on getting Edmund back. No more arguing, could you just help me get back the man who's literally torn my life apart yet made me feel...God. I love him, with all my heart. No matter what he's done. I'm not saying the same for you or for your friends, not right now." I mutter to him, reaching for the handle of the door.

"You have no idea how sorry I am that I left you there at Borne's disposal, but I saved you at the academy, I stopped Thea from murdering both you and Forthright, who -despite your oblivious tendencies-is still very much in love with you!" He shouts at me, I sigh in defeat.

I look at him, "I didn't get to hear her side of the story, I'd known Thea for quite a few years, I never thought her to be this way and you shot her on my defence, not on yours. I don't care how Forthright feels-he made me think he was behind all of this for a long time, every single person in this mansion has manipulated me and lied to me in some way. I don't care what you think you've done to redeem yourself somehow. I want Edmund and I always will want him. We're going and that's final." I spit in his direction, my words used as verbal daggers shooting across the dark room.

"We need the damn blueprints for this place, Melanie. We can't just waltz in there and bomb the place, we need to do recall on it first, background checks and open communities listed as accomplices along with investors, these people have many young celebrities willing to spend money just to think they will gain in those fights. Not only have I seen that, I have lived it, Melanie." He says behind me.

I close my eyes, "Do you not think I know that, you blithering idiot? Focus on Edmund, not anything else, for goodness sake." I spit at him, turning back towards the door.

"What if it was me? What if it was the rest of us? Would you leave us in that hell hole or would you help Edmund get us out if it was the other way round?" He asks me, voice piercing the air as silence forms around us.