27. Trust And Sacrifice

CHAPTER 27: Trust And Sacrifice

Professor Forthright scrutinises me from where he stands next to Principal Jewel, who speaks calmly of the Ball tomorrow, "-the night is meant to be a special one for all our hardworking students of this academy. If there are students who want to invite people outside of this school to the ball, they must fill out the extended form, in order to make sure the person you're bringing to this dance is your responsibility. Under recent school pranks and attacks at this academy, we will be supplied with great security from our local police department to ensure there are no surprises during these times. No expense will be missed, ladies and gentleman. This will be a night to remember." She says and when she says it, her eyes dart to mine in the crowd. Momentarily, as many stand to applause her supposedly uplifting speech of reassurances and rules.

Professor Forthright proceeds to stand on the podium next to her, he begins speaking, "Alright, students. This ball requires a lot of work and as your mental coach, I have decided that instead of wasting great expense on hiring staff members to aid in decorating the school cafeteria for the ball, it will you as a collaborative team who will contribute to altered decorating, designing committees and much more. A lot of your studies acquire an individual's touch. Most teamwork is supposedly saved for your buildings and offices when you graduate. Not today." He says, earning serious expressions from the crowd. Edmund holds my hand in both of his, playing with one of my rings, ignoring Forthright's words as he attempts to draw an orchid with but the palm of his finger.

I turn to him and grin, "Your strokes aren't fluid." I whisper.

He raises an eyebrow and leans over, lips brushing the shell of my ear, "I'll take you back to the spas if you want more fluidly-done motions, lemon."

I turn to him in shock, our noses brush, "Well, aren't you playing dirty? Besides, my massage was way better." I chime in a whisper.

He chuckles under his breath, "How so?"

"Your massage was sloppy." I shrug, his hands tighten, just as a mildly annoyed Professor Forthright down below, watches mine and Edmund's close exchange.

"-today, teamwork and sharing ideas is compulsory. Another training session will be due in this afternoon. For now, students will be allocated to specific areas of fieldwork. Your groups and teachers have been assigned to you, we're scheduled to meet on the field after a half an hour break before moving into groups. Class dismissed." He says, in a dark tone.

I wasn't bothering with that as Edmund turns me back to him, "How can I improve, lemon?" He asks me, standing with me as we move down the steps, he stays holding my hand as the others follow behind us.

I smirk at him, "Pressing a little harder, perhaps." Both his eyebrows go up.

I let go of his hand and fold my arms, shrugging, "Merely a suggestion." I say, moving around him, which wasn't the smartest idea when two large, heated hands grab my hips and pulls my chest flush with his. My summer dress flush to his natural suit, the man was one for his ties.

"We have twenty-eight minutes, will that be enough time to identify how firm I need to be in my daily massages to you, lemon?" He whispers, leaning down.

I whistle lowly, "Just how much of a quick learner would you call yourself, Edmund?"

"A lot of it entails motivation, which I do not have a problem with, especially with you." He murmurs, lowly, running his fingertips down my bare arm, I close my eyes in content, just as Lorraine clears her throat.

"Keep it in the bedroom, you two." She says with a giggle, following the others.

I grab Edmund's tie, "Aye, aye. The bedroom it is." His eyes widen as I pull him by his tie towards the exit doors, where Professor Forthright stands waiting with a key, his hands are folded in his suit pockets as he says to us,