37. Let's Play A Game of Truth

Hello, beautiful readers, voters and commenters! I would like to dedicate this chapter to a special birthday girl who's a dedicated ready of this story, and my other books, bella_hale47 HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Hope you have a lovely day and upon her request, I will update today and an added bonus of a double update with Melanie's POV in the next chapter and every chapter onwards-which will now be in her POV.

I would also like to dedicate these chapters to so many who comment every time and have motivated me to keep going! I love all your comments, everyone who votes and even just silent readers. Thank you all so much, and to name a few...

FOOD_GODDESS_QUEEN
verocious99
ilovepestry
XxIxxAxxT
phoenix_marigold
gavirneni
karrimanvitha
Studyblog5211
ritica26
rahoom_55

Thank you all so much!

Hope you enjoy the chapter!

Cheers, darkblonde1

******

CHAPTER 37: Let's Play A Game of Truth

(MARVIN'S POV)

AHH!

The rippling scream that courses up ones back, like a snake slithering spirals around a spine, poisoning every nerve attached to every nook, embedded in ones skin like a strangling parasite. An invader of with no cure. A disease with no diagnostics. Exposing the scent of air, ripping muscle from bone, slicing blood from vein, evaporating every cell in my system until I'm nothing but another particle of dust in wasted air.

The demeaning scream of a loved one.

I sit up in Melanie's bed, when I hear my girl's scream, I bolt out of the bed, scared to death as I rip open the door and leap over the bed, tripping over the table and forward rolling along the carpeted floor with a wince as I rip open Lorraine's door. She's moving around, hair in shambles and her body is suffocated within her sheets, it was four in the morning as I move slowly towards where she screeches and squirms.

"Lorraine, I'm here." I whispers, untangling the sheets as she snaps her eyes open, like in the movies, I freeze when they bulge out of their sockets and she snaps her whole back into an upright position, arms flailing as she sees me when I try calming her down.

She hyperventilates, I rub her bare arms, "You're alright, it was just a bad dream, choc top." I whisper, holding the back of her head and hopefully was in the tension that I could feel prominent there. She drops her head into my neck, I freeze momentarily.

We were running, across the school field like a couple of children in the playground, "I'm not doing it, Marvin!" Lorraine squeals at me, I grin wildly up at her as I swoop down like a crow and engulf my prey in my arms.

"For me, choc top?" I whisper into her ear, playfully growling into her hair as Melanie stands in her cheerleading outfit with her Pom poms in her hands and a flag, begrudging look on her face as she gives my girlfriend and I an annoyed look.