71. Ridiculed Riddle

CHAPTER 71: Ridiculed Riddle

A knock resonates, moving me strictly out of my reverie. I sat up on his bed, just staring at the dark charcoal grey wall of the interior of the jet when the door opens once the code is typed from the other side, I trail my eyes towards Talon's, "May I come in?" He asks me, softly. I don't say anything as I gesture once that he can. He sighs in defeat and steps inside, closing the door behind him, he leans against it, crossing his arms.

He waits one minute, all for the silence to disperse around us, "Did you get much sleep?" He asks me, stepping towards the bed, he sits on the edge as I merely shake my head and pulls my legs up, taking a long exhale.

He fidgets with his fingers, "We'll be landing in New York in about twenty minutes. Edmund's personal driver will take us straight to the Creed's mansion and from there, we're going to try locating him, and the others." He tells me, trailing his eyes to meet mine. I give him a hollow look, turning back towards the open curtain to the window that show me just how stormy it is outside.

The rain doesn't stop it's pounding against the conflict of the plane, that parades into the storm instead of flowing with the storm.

"Sampson. Did he do this? Was he involved in this?" I ask, roughly. My voice sounded as bad as I felt and all I really wanted right now was Edmund. I should have stayed with him and told him that taking that stupid phone call outside was useless, that keeping more secrets from me would get the both of us nowhere and me into another untrusting state where I just couldn't ask him a question without fearing a lie in the answer.

Talon clenches his jaw, "We don't know." Is all he tells me.

I purse my lips, "He may have done it in exchange to save Ivy, but it wouldn't make sense as to why he isn't at the mansion. Is that what you're saying? No one, not Christian, Edison, Merritt, Atlas or Knox is at that estate right now." I tell him, I ask him, rougher than before as I shove the duvet off of me and fold my arms, creating distance between him and I.

He leans forward on his knees, running a hand over his shaved chin, watching me closely, he shakes his head, "No, according to system detectors, they haven't been at that estate for at least a few weeks. When I tried digging into where Edmund went, video footage wasn't clear and he said that if anything like this happened, is to get to you immediately, no matter what and I agreed." He says, standing.

I fold my arms tightly, "I was so focused on my Dad, I could barely listen to Edmund before everything else happened." I mutter under my breath, rubbing my arms as he looks at the bed and picks up Edmund's coat, the grey one he wears the most.

Talon's expression is suddenly masked as he turns towards the hangers and hangs up the coat, "Forthright wants to speak with you." He murmurs, turning back towards me. He moves with a similar masculine swagger to the way Edmund does, he was about to open his mouth before a knock resounds and the door opens, revealing coffee-black eyes that zoom in straight to me, a split lip and slices along his cheekbones.

"May I come in?" He asks in a soft whisper.

Talon folds his arms stiffly, "You want to talk to her, then I will be present." He insists.

I turn towards Talon with a sharp look, "You can go." I tell him.

He turns towards me, azure blue eyes slicing the air, "I am sorry about what happened at that academy. I shouldn't have allowed Claude to do what he did and I shouldn't have run. I've been beating myself up over that for months, but I have only helped you and Edmund ice you two had sorted through your obstacles. Do not shut me out on this." He says lowly. Veins piping against his shirt which tightens around his accented muscles, Edmund was far bulkier.