22. Dead Men Tell No Tales

CHAPTER 22: Dead Men Tell No Tales

Arriving in Paris, I had exactly half an hour before my first meeting. It was thrilling but difficult to go over every detail within just that record time of the first meeting in Paris central HQ. Every business file, health and safety check-in, and employee and staff rules and regulations, had been purposely outdated for the week.

Meaning that it was my job to sort out the newest details of the updated environments and new clients used in the latest expansion on the west wing. Jamison met me in the SUV the second the plane landed, he gave me a soft smile and a welcoming kiss on both cheeks, "Miss Myers, I hope the flight wasn't too rushed?" He politely asks.

I smile softly, "Not at all, Jamison. I'm happy to help in any way I can." I murmur, slipping inside; the vehicle accelerates forward, leaving the airport and on the main motorway to HQ.

He hands me a sparkling glass of water and one other report, "The business meeting scheduled revolves solely around business management levels; now that you are in charge of these districts, the board wants full disclosure on your understanding, as successfully as your mother." He tells me, speaking fondly of Mom.

I smile and nod in understanding, "I understand. Will I be speaking of employment status and health and safety? Those were in the files you sent me?" I ask him.

He turns to me, "Oh, yes. Those will be over the next two meetings scheduled for today. Before you return to one of the Myers hotels on Roosevelt street for the evening, you'll be flying into Shanghai tomorrow, discussing the same course of events. Except they hold a few issues that will need to be dealt with. Beginning with the next expansion." He informs me, I stifle a sigh and a quick nod, already gaining a racketing swivel of nerves up my spine.

I nod, taking a long deep breath as the vehicle slows to a stop.

I find myself standing in an office filled with well-educated groups along the wide spread of the business. I tap the table, "You all know who I am. I am not a stranger in this company, nor do I want to be seen as one. My mother built this company higher than anyone ever thought she could. A teenager is worth billions for creating an enterprise that all age groups utilize, gain supply from, and understand more of. I want to match those steps, and I want to go further. I have read your reports, I have seen your concerns, and I want to get to the bottom of them as soon as humanly possible. Our human rights acts are getting outdated, technology is growing, and people are losing jobs to computers that can sequence quicker, more efficiently." I say, clicking for the next slide on my PowerPoint, I use many examples in my work, specifically in the company. Jamison's approval during the meeting was of utmost importance, and I got that from him.

It kept me going.

"I want to do both. We're the ones making those computers. It's time we maintain supply wherever we can for loyal staff and employees who have served these enterprises and deserve recognition. Human developments should change. I want our staff and employee lounges to look as good and squeaky clean as Facebook's known staff sectors. I want everything from dietary improvements to sitting on beanbags while sequencing better software across our global grid. We have the engagements and the money to accessorize and motivate our employees. If they're happy in the workplace, they will be more productive and efficient in their working hours." I explain, gesturing to the architectural layouts I have drawn up, quick scratch, but that didn't stop the engineers of the room to sit up straighter and not treat me as if I was a little girl in a room full of professionals.

I am one of those professionals.

Once the meetings sufficed for the day, I had barely enough sleep before I made it to Shanghai and toured the building, and the units, before talking more over with one of the smaller managers under Hideyoshi's review. He was currently touring Africa, but he still sent me his feedback, his reports, and his greetings during one Skype call I had with him after the Shanghai meetings came to a close and I could return to London, back to the Academy.