EPILOGUE

EPILOGUE: Eight Is Our Number

Thirteen years later...

"Mom, our house looks like Dracula puked all over it." I sigh in defeat at Desmond's words.

I turn towards him, "It's light with beige and coffee colours, Desmond." I point out.

He gestures towards it, "And, yet, it still looks like Dracula hurled all over it."

Try having seven kids. In one mansion, with my husband thinking that placing the bigger fireplace in the open lounge was probably the worst choice of renovation he's made on the mansion.

I close the door, lightly as I pick up Dean and place him on my hip, "Desmond, Adeline, could you please get William and Alexander to help set the table. Amelia, honey, where's your Father?" I call out to my second youngest daughter, who's eight years old as my ten year old son, Desmond smirks, silver eyes set on his sister's hair, Amelia's hair. Her platinum blonde strands fly all over the place when she screams Desmond's name to the top of her lungs the second he throws another green leaf in her hair from the pine's outside.

"DESMOND! YOU NIMROD!"

I sigh and place Dean, my youngest-my little three year old on the table, "Dean, stay, alright?" I tell him, reaching down to grab one bag of groceries as my six year old son Alexander places the first plate on the table, where William is nowhere to be found. Just as I took my eyes off of Dean for one second, he's throwing Edmund's coffee beans into the sink.

I raise both eyebrows, "Dean!" I call out to him, shaking my head as Adeline, my thirteen year old and eldest child steps into the room with her arms crossed against her chest, pocketing her phone roughly.

I sigh, "What's wrong, sweetheart? Did something happen at school?" I ask her, multitasking as I pick Dean up from the table, before furrowing my eyebrows as I watch him closely, I lean down to his height with a tissue in my hand.

"Mom, Kingston Academy fucking sucks." My eyes widen, just as I hear....

"Adeline Cecilia Creed, a dollar in the jar, young lady!" Edmund yells out from where he swiftly trudges down the stairs, carefully with Celeste in his hands and a soft toy bear in hers. I sigh in gratitude, turning back to Dean when I lean back down towards him.

"Spit out the beans, Dean." I tell him, holding out the tissue. Adeline gags behind me as his saliva mixed with coffee beans lands in the tissue. I shake my head incredulously, washing my hands and throwing the bean-infested tissue into the bin before handing him a glass of water in a plastic cup.

"Drink slowly." I tell him, moving him to the left before he's about to whack into the dishwasher. Edmund steps into the kitchen, placing Celeste in one of the dining chairs before moving towards me, still with the masculine walk he does that would normally send me in a melting spiral, only my focus was on our children at the moment, his focus however-not so much.