25. It Involves A Bikini

CHAPTER 25: It Involves A Bikini

Bella Cruise drowned two clicks from Sylvan Point, exactly where I found her bracelet.

Now, it was a matter of proving its records, which is where I am now. Only I haven't been able to get down to the police file a cabinet room because of the supposed appointment I had with Detective Johnson, who steps back into the room with a file in his hand, "I apologize for keeping you waiting, Ms. Myers." He says to me, closing the folder and stepping around his desk.

I merely nod, "No need. I understand you must be busy with the upcoming investigation." I murmur, glancing around the room to see a file of black cabinets behind him, two sets.

He looks curious, "You must know why you're down here then."

"That, and a few questions regarding the investigations at the school. I'd like to know your progress on the matter in the library and the assault on Erik Young, who may have been affiliated with the attempted assault on me." I say professionally, leaning my arm on the armrest as I watch him.

He gives me a serious look, "The department has made these investigations our top priority, Melanie. Something I need you to understand clearly, we will get to the bottom of who tried to hurt you and your associate, as well. I have summoned you here in regards to Maven Northern." He says, no 'scenic route' around his talks. He got straight to the point.

I maintain my composure, "Have you conducted the investigation to be a homicide?" I ask him.

He raises an eyebrow, "And how would you know that?"

I give him a blank look, "It's on the news unless the media publishes information you do not want to be seen by the public eye." I tell him as much. Thought he knew that already.

He sighs sympathetically, "It seems more than we've realized. We have taken the liberty of looking into Mr. Northerns phone records, and we have matched one of the contact numbers to your number, I take it. Here are the details if you want proof, Melanie. I like to ask you a few questions regarding how you knew him?" He shows me the details of each phone call, merely when and where from Maven's phone.

"Yes, he had off-record details regarding the academy I attend and the history behind the appearance of these incidents," I explain vaguely. He furrows his eyebrows, a dark look in his eyes as he watches me carefully.

"What information did he give you?" He asks me coldly. Unintelligently, he was more curious than he led on.

"In regards to what?" I ask him.

He blinks twice, "In regards to the information he provided, did he tell you how he came about this information?" He questions me, sitting up from his desk and moving around to sit on the desk in front of me. He looks down at me closely. I move my chair out a little.

"It wasn't information so much as a warning. He contacted me when he heard of the incidents from some source. He had not clarified who, just to meet him where he works and that he had important details that I would be interested in. Normally this would have been way out of my comfort zone, but if he had details on someone who tried to hurt me and my friends, I'd like to know. His warning wasn't greatly substantial. He merely told me to keep an eye out on the senior students, the teachers, professors, even the police. He told me I couldn't trust anyone with these investigations." I explained to him, using hand gestures often and acting nervous, which lured Detective Johnson into listening to my every word. I had stretched the truth a little. There was no other source, and I contacted Maven, not the other way round.

Detective Johnson squints, "He told you not to trust the professors at the academy, did he specify as to who?"

I purse my lips, "No one in particular, but there are many indiscretions at the school that I do not agree with." I murmur.