52. My Celestial Being

CHAPTER 52: My Celestial Being

I used Edmund's pocket knife to open it and pull it out, where I flicked the torch up to look inside, but nothing was there. I looked down at the brick. There had been nothing inside, no clues as to whether there was something in the wall, until Edmund pointed his torch down into the hollow brick I'd pulled out.

I reach in and slide the rustic key between my fingers, looking up slowly to meet silver orb eyes, "What do you think this opens?" I ask him, holding out the key. He gives it a long look, still holding the brick as he shakes his head slowly. Neither of us was sure what it would open.

I glance back down, gesturing he lower the brick a little so I could see I there was anything else. I slowly reach for the blank envelope, the initials 'D-N. C.' I glance up at Edmund, who whispers, "Dandelion-Night Courts." He whispers against the wet, cold air.

I hold the urge to look at him in surprise; when I gently pull out the note, I flip over the page, furrowing my eyebrows, "Is this some sort of joke?" I ask him, even as he flashes the blue light on his set of keys, but nothing pops up. Nothing was written in secret.

I place the envelop and key into the pocket of my trench coat. Sliding the brick back through it's original position, I glance over to Edmund, who stares directly at the paper before his eyes turn back to mine. Neither of us was sure what either meant.

Marvin flips the paper around, "Why the bloody hell are you taking orders from former Principal Cougar's book of creepy fan fiction anyway?" He asks me once I show him the blank letter. Edmund places a cup of tea on the table in front of me, and instead of taking a seat on the couch behind me, like I thought he would, he sits directly next to me on the floor and slides his arm down my back, smoothing against my ribs.

I give him a sleepy smile, pecking his lips softly. Thanks for the drink. He pulls me in for another, far slower peck as he stares into my eyes. I turn back towards Lorraine as Edmund leans his cheek on my hairline, placing his other hand and flattening it over my abdomen. Lorraine clears her throat, "What about the key? Was there any note on what it unlocks?" She says gently.

I sigh, "No, it doesn't make sense. Either of them." I murmur, taking a sip of the tea and signing in content when I see Edmund's added the right amount of milk. I lean back against him and his warmth. He snuggles further into me as well, which I secretly cherish in the back of my mind.

Marvin narrows his eyes at the letter, lightly taking it from Lorraine; he stands, "You know those olden day movies when classified paperwork with nothing visibly written can be revealed through the smoke of a small flame."

My eyes widen, "That's a theory, but if you test it out and burn the paper we have nothing, Marvin." I go to sit up, but Edmund doesn't say anything, and when I turn to him, his head is tilted in thought.

He looks down at me, "I wish I thought of that." He murmurs.

I furrow my eyebrows, sitting up more, "What if he's wrong?" I whisper-yell, turning towards Marvin, who flicks a lighter on underneath the letter and moves it around underneath it slowly. I watch in shock when words written in gold appear on the top of the letter. He watches in sheer amusement as it appears before he reads the opening as I record it.

'The Academy near Sylvan Point was not an original. First, it was an asylum. A rehabilitation facility for many celebrities who did not wish to put their personal lives and problems into the public domain. The Cordial Matrix was the original creator. Celestial was at the head, Myers was second, Borne was third, and Creed was fourth. Wyatt, Johnson, and Zoysia are known employees and protectors of the Matrix and its enemies.