32. First Rule: Don't Get Caught

CHAPTER 32: First Rule: Don't Get Caught
(MELANIE'S POV)

I close my eyes, thinking back to where I'd stood next to Edmund in the doorframe of his hospital room, watching the strange miracle of him signing his papers for release after three weeks of physical therapy, he looked up at me, "I told you I'd heal quickly." He'd said, and stepped towards me after giving a guard of his the file, his bare, broad chest was in my view as he closed the distance and ran the tip of his nose up my forehead, he breathed me in. I looked down at the bandaged wound, his abs were a severe distraction. I didn't think I could ever get use to just how inhumanly muscular he is.

I nodded once, "I was thinking within two months, not just a few weeks, after a wound like this, Edmund." He shook his head down at me, silver eyes that caressed my amethyst ones.

"Don't think about it, lemon. Now, you want to tell me if the rumours are true?" He asked me, he entangled his fingers through my curls like vines through water, it was languid and refreshing. I trailed my fingernail up the side of his torso, feather-like, snake-like, maybe even a sharp twinge as his side had clenched under the movement.

"To what rumour do you speak of?"

He gave me a stern look, and pressed a kiss to my temple as he moved towards his weights, he sat on the desk chair and began a movement that would make most girls faint. I know I felt like I was fading into a dream when I watched his veins tighten against his arm...so damn delicious.

"The one where your return to the Academy has been delayed?" He said, clenched and un-clenched. I tilted my head to the side, I stilled the clock and watched it in slow motion.

He chuckled, "Don't give me that look, lemon, or you'll never get out that door." He gestured to the door behind me. I tilted my head back in a bubbly laugh, dropping my hand over my chest, the black business suit I had work seemed to be quite the distraction for him. He kept looking up at me every few seconds, with each movement of his arm as the perspiration across that godly chest of his had begun to glisten in this fortunately dimmed lighting.

If I'd concentrated hard enough, everything would fade in my eyes, except for my target, him.

"Charming, as always. Mom's giving me more assignments, it might be another couple weeks." I murmured, having glanced down when I saw a folded-in photo on the floor, something that looked like it had been folded in a wallet for a couple years. He huffed lightly in front of me, in disagreement.

I scrutinised the image, eight males stood in the picture. Recognising them would have been easier if he hadn't held his hand out to me, "Is my girlfriend snooping already?" He said, and slid his hand down my arm, he gently pulled the photo out of my hand.

I furrowed my eyebrows with a small smile, "I'm sorry, back up the truck-girlfriend?" I wonder, using another one of his analogy's. he wrapped his arms around my waist, and grinned widely.

"You heard me." He said, as he nudged his nose down to me.

I pursed my lips, and lifted my arms up around his neck, snuggly when his torso moved closer as he stepped in closer, he had been sly when he kicked out his leg and swung a stool behind him. He took a seat with no problem of lifting me, he had gotten me to take a seat on his legs.

"Lemon...my beautiful, sly, cunning, strong lemon...will you be my girl?" He lowered his voice in the huskiest, deadliest, of ways.