35. The Hidden Tunnel Revealed

CHAPTER 35: The Hidden Tunnel Revealed

(MARVIN'S POV)

After the kiss I shared with Lorraine, she avoided me more than she avoids most spiders. She has a strong phobia for spiders. Watching her sit on the other side of the lunch table, playing with her fruit salad, was a clear rejection. Or, in my hopes, she was just in thought. I glanced up at her frequently, before noticing another figure move up to the table.

"Blonde hair, purple eyes, you must be the interesting twin brother of Melanie Myers?" The male says, Claude Borne stands over the table with a raised eyebrow, his brown eyes stare uselessly into my amethyst ones.

I give him a stoic look, "And, who might you be?" I act as if in the unknown.

He folds his arms, furrowing his eyebrows, "It's Claude, Claude Borne. I'd really thought Melanie would have told you by now, considering the concoctions she has spewed up in her mind about me and the principal. It's completely barbaric, I heard your sister was in some asylum, focusing on her mental health or something. Is it true what they say? That Johnson raped her for forced love and that screwed her up good?" He says, my nostrils flare and I slam straight up in a stand, but a certain silver eyed male beats me to the punch, literally.

BANG!

He steps up to Claude, eyes raging infernos and without a second notice, his fist ploughs through Claude's face in mere seconds, breaking his nose with the snap of bone resonating in the air, along with Claude's pathetic howl.

SNAP!

BANG!

CRACK!

The momentum shocked even me as Claude flies off the podium like a human launcher, only he looked more like a flightless bird and a headless chicken as he toppled to the floor with another resonating slam, his arm twisted painfully.

Not only did Edmund break his nose, he also broke his forearm and the socket in his shoulder. My eyes widen, the crowd shivers in unison as we watch him writhe on the floor like some kind of demented snake, or worm. He looked like he belonged in the dirt more than anything else.

I watch closely as his face reddens at the pain he can't possibly comprehend, one punch and Edmund did a serious number on the piece of shit that was now being helped away to the infirmary, even the professors of the room couldn't seem to shout at an aggressively-breathing Edmund who menacingly glares at the one being hauled away. Lorraine shudders behind me, her hand on the back of my suit shirt, I stand in front of her as Talon steps down next to Edmund.

"Calm down, Ed. You can't let loose here." He mutters to him.

"He spoke of her like that, Talon." Edmund's voice changed into something far darker than I'd ever seen, I watch with defensive eyes as I wrap my arms behind me, covering Lorraine completely, she tucks her head into my back, still shaking. I was holding the urge not to shake at the amount of blood that was pooled on the tile of floor, just from Claude Borne's nose.

Edmund straightens his jacket as Lyndon wordlessly throws him a napkin for his hand, which merely had blood on it, not even a bruise. He was breathing like a stormy tornado, crushing whatever it could in his path, the man was insane, he fucking looked it too. Like death had appeared in him and took over, he was acting like some sort of God, Zeus had competition.

All in all, I just saw what one punch could do when he really meant it, his head-butt to me must have been like whacking a piece of cloud compared to the menacing beast I just saw. Claude deserved it, that I would admit easily, but this guy in front of me took one punch to a whole new fucking level.