79. Come Die With Me, Melanie.

CHAPTER 79: Come Die With Me, Melanie.

It was cold.

Just like every other day in London.

The rain never stopped.

The ice never melted.

The blood never spilled.

The wind was wet, but it wasn't raining as my black boots shifted along the long grass. I despised the walk up, dreaded the known movements that sent flashes across my amethyst irises of when Johnson held me captive in a cabin. Charlize Celestial stands there, facing the cliff instead of me, I stop directly behind her, keeping my gloved hands folded in my black trench coat while she wears a red one with a furry hood. As she takes a deep breath, I don't say a word, "I can smell your perfume, though it is mixed with Edmund's cologne. Where is that fiancé of yours, Melanie?" She asks me, turning around slowly. Her pristine skin glowed with no wounds.

I stare stoically, "He's the least of your problems, Charlize. Why bring me here? Tell your side of the story and shed the evil conflicts expressed between Oswald and Winston. Or, to express your hate for the last piece of family you had left...Claudius Celestial and his son?" I ask her. She slowly turns to me, a thousand knives pointed at my head. I watch her watchfully as she takes one step back from the edge. Her blonde hair twirls as her blue eyes scorch my amethyst ones.

"Was it fun? Those investigations. Seeing Bella in your nightmares, seeing yourself underneath Forthright-you know, the one you thought was paedophilic counseled when he was the pathetic, nose-bleed of a detective that couldn't get his head around love and just a sickness. I know what you've been through, Melanie." She taunts, watching me closely.

I breathe slowly, watching her just as closely as she studies me. I narrow my eyes, "Why? What did they ever do to you? Or are you still fighting for an old dead guy? Winston didn't do you any favours, and you still work under his dead thumb. I want to know why. What possible motives do you have to keep fighting? To attempt to keep taunting, Charlize." I question, taking another step closer.

She spreads her arms out, "Because...you weren't listening, Melanie. That was the problem. John Parker hid everything from his daughter regarding his choices on Celestial Signs. He ran that company through the grounds. He's worse in ways Winston didn't have the brains to be." She grits her teeth.

I narrow my eyes, "Exactly who do you hate more? Why is it such a struggle? The people who removed Celestial Signs, or your flesh and blood. Parker isn't your blood. You're no longer even a Celestial, Charlize. It's finished...why do you thrive for more when you could be done with us. Your shackles have been broken, chains undone. Why do you continue to let Winston control you?!" I snap at her, fist in my hands at my sides, the feeling of my wedding ring strengthening my blood alone. I wear his family heirloom, the jewel necklace.

With a modified tracker on the inside.

He stiffly grips the steering wheel. We told my parents he was taking me to see the house, despite my Father's stone-cold glares sent in Edmund's direction. Mom was happy we were taking another step forward. Marvin didn't care, he just wanted Lorraine and was happy, but Edmund and I still had one last mission, one last dragon to tame.

He barely breathed, "You keep her talking, keep her distracted while I deal with the rest. Do you have the weapons hidden on you? Any detection machinery shouldn't be able to locate them on you." He preps me, reaching over the console to grab my hand, intertwining our fingers, I lift them and place a soft kiss on the back of his hand before leaning back in the seat.

"I'll be fine, Edmund," I whisper.

"She could try anything, Melanie. I don't like this." He murmurs next to me.