64. Relations With The Fitzgerald

CHAPTER 64: Relations With The Fitzgerald

It took a lot of convincing for Uncle Ivan to stay in London and to be there for when Mathias returns home. The arguments about trying to convince Mathias that it was safer for him to return home felt endless in the times it was appropriate where Marvin and I agreed. My youngest brother was barely sixteen years old, he hadn't been directly targeted or traced as of yet, the best place for him to remain that way was at Mom's estate with Uncle Ivan.

While we sorted every shadow and every secret here, where Charlize and Thea was rumoured to be lingering. While in London, Forthright's murder remains the top number one 'talk show' in London central.

Professor Forthright wasn't a good man.

Every single session he had with me. Every spoken word, I dreaded. We spoke of privacy and confidentiality for the longest of time. Compulsory counselling that set me on edge.

I could barely breathe in the way I watched, the way I listened to each detailed sequence of every single ridiculed moment Charlize lived under Winston's control. She personally, with Ace Johnson's help, took down those girls, hid their murders and lied to their families about the way in which they died. When Dandelion Jewel once told me at a haunting Sylvan lake that she was the one in which scared me and tried to strangle me, she tried to frighten me-but it was Charlize she caught and it was Charlize who had caught me. I still remember the feeling of her slender fingers enrapturing themselves around my thin neck and hoping to crush my windpipe. Enough to scare me, but certainly not to kill me.

Charlize manipulated Erik into injecting that USB into Professor Stanley's. She enforced more measures to make me investigate, to ensure I was a part of her big plans, her world wide game, she wanted to play with real chess pieces.

I just didn't know whether I was used as the opposite King.

Or was it Mom.

My head was in a turmoil of what Charlize would do next and what Edmund, my fiancé would do now.

When Edmund made his vow, his promise that whatever had been injected into my system-and whatever like it-would not touch me again, I didn't think he would go to the extremes as to bring up research upon research of any specific type of poison, and be on countless Skype calls with Sampson and Talon about the kinds of guards that were stationed here. In Shanghai.

Edmund watched me at all times. Checking my temperature, even after three days passing since the serum was injected. I could barely sit alone with Mom or Dad without Edmund always in my peripheral.

Even now, as I lie on the couch, Mom rubs her temples and Dad takes a seat next to her, "Maybe it's time to take a break, honey?" He murmurs, placing a cold hand on her forehead, she sighs in content and leans against her shoulder as the space beside me dips.

"I second that, lemon." Edmund says next to me. Removing the folder from my hands and pulling me to lean against his chiseled chest. His broad shoulder and burly arm was more than enough for me to lean on when his lips press against my temple and stay there.

I roll my eyes at his antics, "I am quite alright, Edmund." I tell him as much. Instead, he merely pulls me closer, tucking my head under his chin, where I felt a small amount of stubble grow there, he'd been working so much that he forgot to shave. I cuddle in towards him when Marvin takes a seat with chips in one hand and Lorraine seated on his lap, he rubs her back as the television is flicked on.

Edmund looks down at the file, "Why are you looking into Claude Borne and his father, Claudius?" He whispers in next to me.

I swallow, my throat tightening, "I wanted to see what relation he had to The Cordial Matrix. It turns out, he does have a very large relation. Give Claudius Borne is Charlize Celestial's biological father and Claude Borne is Charlize's blood brother. Claudius Borne is actually Claudius Barren Celestial. He changed his name under suspected influence...by Winston Celestial. Christina Cordelia Parker's father's name was Claudius Celestial, which is how he got the name. Claudius Borne is the real son of Winston Celestial, and that is why he is the main head of the entire Cordial Organisation." I explain, gently. Slowly turn towards Mom, who gives me a soft glance.