72. Deals With Devils

CHAPTER 72: Deals With Devils

Stay strong for me, my love, my heart is fulfilled.

I couldn't sleep a wink on the hidden couch of the fireplace's strange opening to a room where Edmund expects he won't live to see me, he won't get out of where he's currently being held captive and he expects to die from this.

SICK BASTARD!

LYING SON OF A-

I snap my head up, why in the absolute hell would he write this, and not just that-print it, make it legal to the word, to each bloody letter he's promised as if I'd want all those things over him. He's looking at the worst outcome and I watch it amplify behind my eyes as pictures, upon pictures of him lying there in the snow, or watching him drown, or watching him fight to death because of superior authorities that still have yet to meet the real me.

I shove myself off the couch and rip up towards the fireplace, taking two steps at a time and closing it as I step back inside the office and straight towards the frame, I open the door, just as Talon stands there with a tray, "Melanie, I thought you'd want some breakfast." I strut past him with a seriously pissed off expression, he follows swiftly, placing the tray on one of the closest tables up against the wall.

"What are you doing?" He asks behind me.

I continue strutting for my room, "Finding my bloody fiancé, Talon, that's what I'm doing." I spit, menacingly, he's taken aback as I slam the doors to my room open and take for the mattress, grabbing my laptop from one smallest suitcase and opening it swiftly.

Talon reaches over to grab it, I move it away, "Do not touch my stuff. I need everything you have on where he might be, sights of the headmistress, recognition of possible guards. All supplies brought in, have a look and broaden the area where the institute use to be." I instruct him, opening my algorithm as I run Edmund's face through it, specifying New York first.

I pace in front of the laptop, he stares at me, "You found his Will?" He whispers.

I snap my head to him, "You knew about that ridiculous, flimsy, lying piece of paper. I don't want Edmund's bloody assets, or his company or even his freaking mansion. I want my soon-to-be husband to get his arse back here so I can slap the hell out of him for thinking he can prepare a Will without hope of believing he'll make it out of this. Did you not even think to tell him that preparing a bloody Will is the worst bullshit he has ever come up with?" I growl lowly at him, his eyes widen comically as the door opens slowly, Iris looks wary as she stands there.

"He's doing this because he loves you, Melanie." She whispers to me.

I point at her, "You shut the hell up now. He's expecting he won't make it out of this alive, what kind of bloody hell was he thinking in pulling this bullshit on me? If he's not in New York, we'll expand areas towards Washington. Talon, find me every file you have on that damn institute, or so help me, I'll give you far worse than blue balls." I say to him, pointing at the door as Erik and Lyndon scurry down the hall, Talon raises his hands in surrender as Jewel struts in and raises an eyebrow.

She stares at me, "I was wondering when that anger of yours would finally surface." She says to me.

I turn back towards my laptop, "What do you have on The Cordial Matrix?" I ask her, immediately.