1 - 𝙘𝙝𝙤𝙘𝙤𝙡𝙖𝙩𝙚 𝙞𝙨 𝙣𝙤𝙩 𝙖 𝙛𝙤𝙤𝙙, 𝙞𝙩'𝙨 𝙖 𝙨𝙩𝙖𝙩𝙚 𝙤𝙛 𝙢𝙞𝙣𝙙

⋆﹥━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━﹤⋆

⋆﹥━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━﹤⋆

"Mum, Regulus is taking away my sweets again."

"Mum, Sirius took away mine!"

"Mum, Aquila ate all of mine!"

The chorus of the three Black children rang throughout the house, leaving their father to clutch at his temples and casting a pleading look at his wife, who immediately looked away and pointed to the door, as if to say, "your turn, old chap."

He got up with a sigh and approached the playroom slowly, so as to not trigger any explosions his kids had perhaps set with the help of the young house-elf, Kreacher. He opened the door, and found a mess and tangle of limbs on the floor, with no clear winner emerging, just shouts and elbows and knees poking out from the three wrestling bodies on the floor.

With a small sigh, he separated his two five year olds and six year old son from each other, revealing no apparent injury, except the bruised ego of his two sons at being bested by their sister.

"Dad! Why'd you pull me away?" Aquila whined. "I was winning!"

This made way for an argument between his children, as the men fought for their honour and the girl defended herself about how she'd kicked both Sirius and Regulus that many number of times.

"Now, Aquila, a lady ought not to behave in such a manner. We are The Most Noble and Ancient House of Black, and it is up to children, to maintain that very honour, which will not be by scuffing around for sweets. You should not be even having sweets, it results in the blackening of teeth, much like your Great Aunt Callidora."

"Oh dear, not Great Aunt Callidora, she looks terribly ghastly. Last year, I saw her billowing great grey smokes from her mouth at the Black Ball," Sirius said conspiratorially, side-eyeing his siblings to go along.

"Oh, yes, now that you say it, I do recall her scooping up the last of her custard with her knife as well," Regulus nodded with a finger in his chin, all the air of an old man discussing news in the park.

They all waited and looked at Aquila to add her own two pence as well, but turning around, all they saw was two boxes of sweets, owned by Regulus and Aquila herself (Sirius' have been eaten prior by the little lady herself) being eaten by the small witch, which prompted the two boys to escape their father's clutches and fight for their honour.

"MUM! SIRIUS AND REGULUS ARE HITTING ME!" Aquila let out a dramatic gasp as if in deep pain, while Orion shushed her and told her to not call her mother.

"Is your father not up there, Aquila?" came her mother's voice.

"He's not doing anything! Dad, come save me!" Aquila beckoned over her father, who sighed and went over to the again fighting trio. He scooped up his daughter and came out of the room, leaving Sirius and Regulus to protest at his blatant favouritism.

"Since when have you needed saving, Aquila?" her father asked her as the pair of them went down the hallway.

"Ever since I," she said, opening up her jacket, "have started stealing candies from the beasts I have been told are my brothers."

Her father's laugh echoed with sound of the stolen candies jiggling in her pocket.

⋆﹥━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━﹤⋆ 

here's the first chapter! hope you guys like it, i know it's not the best, but chapters will get better as the story progresses. 

vote, comment, share, you know the drill

also, what type of person do you think regulus was as a child?

see y'all next time,

all the love 

hy