54 - 𝙨𝙤, 𝙪𝙝, 𝙜𝙤𝙤𝙙 𝙥𝙖𝙧𝙩𝙮, 𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙧𝙮𝙤𝙣𝙚!

⋆﹥━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━﹤⋆

⋆﹥━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━﹤⋆

"You and Regulus?" Aquila asked, her jaw clenched. "I didn't know there was a you and Regulus," she said, her words directed toward Adrian but eyes trained on Regulus.

Adrian took small steps and backed away, only to be stopped by a tendril of magic fixing him to the stop, Aquila's finger pointing to him.

"You stop right there!" she said sharply, her eyes narrowing. Rowan relaxed and leaned on the doorframe, scooping up some crackers in his hands and looking closely at the drama unfolding in front of him.

"I was going to tell you," Regulus said, his voice placating.

Aquila chewed the inside of her lip as if trying to restrain herself from speaking something harsh. "Uh, when was that going to be, exactly?" she asked, gritting her teeth.

Regulus paled. "Soon?" he asked, his ears turning redder by the second. "I just-" he ran a hand through his hair, looking back at Adrian, who was staring wide-eyed at Aquila, "I just wasn't sure what you'd say."

Aquila opened her mouth to say something, but pursed her lips. She released the hold of her magic on Adrian and turned away from Regulus. "I-" she swallowed, gathering her coat. "I'll be back tomorrow after work."

She left, shutting the door softly. Regulus wondered if it would have been better if she'd slammed it.

Adrian turned to Rowan, grabbing him by the collar and slamming him on the wall beside the door. "What the hell were you thinking?"

Rowan gasped, but smiled through the lack of breath. "Why were you hiding, Adrian?" he sneered, breath coming out in short gasps as Adrian's grip around his neck tightened.

"You very well know why," Adrian snarled, feeling his fury rise up his arms and into his fingers as his fingers clenched tighter around his best friend's throat. To feel his disapproval, to feel Regulus' sadness at Aquila's reaction, it was too much for Adrian.

Adrian was thrown back all of a sudden, stumbling slightly as he felt magic hit him. Aquila stood in the doorway, with Rowan still grinning like a maniac by her side. "What the hell are you doing?" she shouted, setting a hand on Rowan's shoulder, tilting his chin up to look at the slight dark red marks on his neck. Rowan sneered at Adrian from the corner of his eyes, letting Aquila fuss over him, softly tracing her fingers over his neck, red light emitting from her hands, healing the slight bruises.

"What the hell are you thinking? Are you planning to kill him?" Aquila asked, her eyes frantic at the scene she had just witnessed, making Rowan sit on the sofa, his bruises still slightly visible.

Regulus darted forward and pulled at Aquila's forearm, tearing her away from Rowan. "He's milking it, Aq, Adrian barely touched his collar," he said, attempting to placate her.