57 - 𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙮 𝙗𝙤𝙩𝙝 𝙙𝙞𝙚 𝙖𝙩 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙚𝙣𝙙

⋆﹥━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━﹤⋆

⋆﹥━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━﹤⋆

"Hey, Black, you work in an Alchemic place, not a library," Arya called out to a very distressed Aquila, who was rifling through the books in the library of the Alchemic Academy. Some books there were older than even Hogwarts, which was surprising, because Hogwarts was practically the champion of old things.

Aquila shrugged. "Doesn't mean I can't utilise the wonderful sources I have."

Arya gave her a tight-lipped smile and left silently.

What's up with her? Regulus asked in her head.

Aquila's smile turned forced. Get a job, busybody.

Her finger trailed down the words on the book, scanning the worn page for a mention of the dark objects which were supposedly the secret for immortality.

"Aha!" Aquila exclaimed, cheering in her head as her eyes fell upon the word written in slanted handwriting.

A Horcrux is an object in which a wizard or witch has hidden a fragment of his or her soul in order to become immortal. Horcruxes can only be created after committing murder. The process for the creation of a Horcrux involves a spell and a short ritual is performed soon after the murder has been committed. Given that Horcruxes are precious to those who make them, there are usually protective measures made to prevent them from being stolen or destroyed, such as Counter-Charms and curses.

The book mentioned nothing about Dark Magic or anything of the sort. A spell or an act only turned dark when used for the wrong purposes. This was one of the older texts that believed in the ideology of 'nothing is dark except the intentions of the user'.

- - -

"Okay, Kreacher, I need you to take us very carefully, okay?" Regulus was speaking quietly but firmly to Kreacher.

Aquila paced the living room, her nail between her teeth. "Shouldn't we tell someone about this? I mean, we're barely nineteen, Reg, let's tell Dumbledore." Regulus gave her a look, and she shook her head. "Fine, we should tell Sirius. I don't wanna die before turning twenty!"

Regulus shook his head, securing his wand inside his robe pocket. "We're not telling anyone, especially not Sirius, who'll turn up with his whole gang and Dumbledore, who'll try to heal everything through love."

Aquila grabbed his shoulder and pulled him down to her eye level. "Listen to me. I am not dying out there, and I'm not letting you die either. We're not talented enough to take on a trap set by a very powerful wizard. What if he comes back to check on his locket?"

Regulus gently removed her hands from his shoulders. "You think I was sitting idle while you researched?" he asked, and reached into his pocket to take out an exact replica of the locket they'd seen in Kreacher's memory. "You'll be surprised at how talented Borgin can be if he's properly inspired to do his work."