62 - 𝙥𝙤𝙩, 𝙢𝙚𝙚𝙩 𝙠𝙚𝙩𝙩𝙡𝙚

⋆﹥━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━﹤⋆

⋆﹥━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━﹤⋆

Okay, dammit. Regulus had left precisely eleven minutes ago and Aquila was already panicking.

It's not everyday your twin goes to meet up with the guy who outed him and was your almost fiance and also your ex best friend and also your tiny crush for a little while.

So, uhm, yeah. Not everyday.

She supposed it would all be fine, but Aquila couldn't shake off the unease that chewed her up inside. Nothing in life was ever as happy and dandy as this.

And let's be honest, Aquila knew Rowan well. Mostly because they were the same side of the coin, and Aquila knew that if she was in Rowan's position, she would never apologise for what she did. It was terrible, but so were they.

So when she got Regulus' loud panic slamming in her head, she was nearly not surprised as she grabbed her coat and fought the anger inside her.

Her apartment building rattled with the force with which she slammed the door.

She tried contacting Regulus again, her frustration building up as she sent thoughts against a wall. The Dark Lord had found some way to block their connection, and she was not happy about it.

So when a very angry girl showed up at the Leaky Cauldron, the barkeeper had the good sense to not question anything and tell her everything that had happened.

- - -

"I never thought you would be into chains, brother," Regulus said, spitting out the blood in his mouth from when a random Death Eater had punched him.

Rowan stood to the side. "I was always Slytherin to the core, Regulus. I would always self-preserve before anything else."

How could he, in the presence of his master? Oh yes, the ever-so-mighty Tom Riddle was here too.

The aforementioned Riddle smiled lightly. "I have always admired this charming snark that is ever present in the Blacks. Unfortunately, your sister's bravado seemed to diminish the moment I took out my wand, and rest assured, Mr. Black, you'll find the same happening to you."

The temper in Regulus' eyes flared up visibly at the mention of Riddle's wand on Aquila, and so, Regulus just smiled grimly, stared the creep in the eyes and spat on the spotless white floor, making pale, idiotic little Lucius Malfoy cringe. "Aquila may have been afraid when you put your wand on her without her fucking consent," Regulus snarled, the chains rattling, "but when she comes for me, and she will, she'll hang you and every one of your measly little soldiers by the balls."

Some of the people who were in school with the twins physically cringed, including Rowan. Regulus knew Rowan wasn't happy about this turn of events, but Regulus also knew Rowan could very well be acting.