65 - 𝙨𝙤 𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙮 𝙣𝙚𝙚𝙙 𝙪𝙨 𝙣𝙤𝙬

⋆﹥━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━﹤⋆

⋆﹥━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━﹤⋆

"What do you think of the future?" Sirius randomly blurted out one night, as James and him sat on their sofa.

James hummed thoughtfully, his eyes on the fireplace. "Why are you asking?"

Sirius shrugged. "We're the first ones in the line of fire. Don't you think we should think about the future we may not get to live?"

James pursed his lips. His best mate wasn't wrong, but the future was a terrifying thing to think about. In his mind, he was still fifteen, slinging snowballs at Remus while McGonagall chased them around the castle grounds. "What have you thought of?"

"I asked first," Sirius said stubbornly.

Somehow, the boy had a talent for turning the most serious conversations into light-hearted ones.

James shrugged. "Haven't thought about it much. But when things get a little bit settled down, I'd like to move in with Aquila, maybe. Maybe move further in Quidditch, then take a Ministry job. You?"

Sirius made a face. "I want to open a fashion boutique," he said hesitantly.

"And how did this come up all of a sudden?" James asked, suppressing a delighted look. I mean, it really was about time Sirius opened his mouth.

Still unsure, Sirius pulled at the sleeve of his jacket. "It didn't, actually. I've been thinking about it since I made this jacket."

"I know," James hummed with a smile. "I'm just glad you told me."

Sirius grinned at his best friend, glad to have him at his side.

- - -

Dumbledore had called them on a mission.

It was supposed to be a low-risk thing, but he still insisted that the Marauders take McGonagall along, which wasn't a problem, considering they loved their Minnie very much.

But of course, next to nothing was what it seemed to be in their time.

There was a planned attack, with almost all of them left defenseless within five minutes of their arrival as Death Eaters piled in. McGonagall got badly hurt, she had fallen unconscious on the ground after sustaining a very heavy curse. Remus was down too, weakened by the full moon that had just passed by, and Peter had gone out looking for help. Sirius and James fought back to back, but even they felt exhaustion pulling at them, barely dodging spells.

Somehow, in the middle of the battle, Sirius managed to send a patronus to Dumbledore, indicating they needed help. And as soon as the patronus vanished, so did the Death Eaters, as if the mere idea of Dumbledore coming had made them leave.

Nonetheless, Dumbledore quickly arrived at the scene with a couple other high ranking Order members, who took one look at the injured people and took out their wands.

As Dumbledore talked to Sirius, asking what had gone wrong, an Auror with a Healer's badge on his robe spoke up. "Albus, they're not healing," he called out, referring to McGonagall and Remus. Basic, surface wounds were now mere scratches, but there was a faint imprint of the Dark Curse that had taken them down. Dumbledore approached McGonagall and knelt by her side, gliding his wand in the air above her. He did this numerous times, then repeated the same thing with Remus.

He stood up with a grave look on his face. "Get Severus, we need an expert potioneer and someone who is an expert in such things."

James and Sirius immediately shot up, alarmed. "Absolutely not!" "No, not at all!"

The assembled people turned to them with surprise at their outburst.

They stood defiantly, not changing their stance. "We're not letting Snape come near Remus," James said, frowning.

Dumbledore's eyes twinkled. "Do you have someone else in mind?"

"Aquila and Regulus," Sirius blurted out. "Aquila is the most expert potioneer in Hogwarts, including Slughorn himself, and Regulus is well aware of Dark Magic."

One of the Aurors stood up. "The Black Twins? Not at all. One of them has a Dark Mark."

"He's also my brother," Sirius sneered. "If you want, we can take Remus home and get him healed by someone trusted," he said innocently.

"Oh, but Sirius, Snape has a Dark Mark too, one which he took voluntarily! I wonder. . ." James said, trailing off, faking a concerned expression.

The Auror rolled her eyes, but said nothing. James and Sirius grinned triumphantly, quickly sending a patronus to Aquila.

Not even five minutes had passed by when a loud pop sound came from nearby. Aquila, her Potions kit in her hand, and Regulus, his hair still mussed from sleep, quickly approached the group gathered.

"Who's hurt? Where?" Aquila asked, her gaze darting over James and Sirius, the panic in her eyes dimming as she saw them standing whole.

James struggled to stay at his place, the urge to go and hug her was almost unbearable.

"It's Remus and Professor McGonagall," Sirius said, pointing to the direction. Regulus hurried up and crouched by Remus as Aquila waited in the background.

"He's gonna do an analysis first, assess the damage," Aquila informed them as a faint glow emanated from Regulus' hands. James took this as an opportunity to sidle up by her side, nudging her slightly. She looked over, startled, then slipped her cold hand into his warm ones. "Are you hurt?" she murmured, tracing a thumb on his hand. James shook his head, bringing their entwined hands up to kiss the back of her hand.

Come look at this, Regulus' voice sharply came in her head, making her give an apologetic smile to James as she removed her hand from his. Her Potions kit levitating in the air behind her, her robe flapping around her ankles, she approached her brother, kneeling down beside him as he showed her how he had seen the curse look internally.

Soundlessly, they worked together, her holding out a hand and Regulus placing whatever she needed in it. Gently lifting Remus' head with one hand, she tipped the contents of the small flask in which she had been mixing the potion. Regulus nodded as the Dark halo that had formed around Remus' body slowly disappeared. He woke with a jolt, immediately revived by the Replenishing Potion that Aquila gave him.

Soon, McGonagall was awake as well, though she didn't need the Replenishing Potion, considering unlike Remus, she had not gone through a full moon the night before. Dumbledore thanked the Black twins with a twinkle in his eye (it can't be natural) and all the Aurors left the scene.

But something told Aquila that this wasn't the last time she would help out this particular group.

⋆﹥━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━﹤⋆

i hate this chapter's ending with my whole heart

also fuck im sorry for not updating in AGES but i has forgotten how is writing done

also the gif is not related to this chapter BUT LOOK AT TIMOTHEE

ok chapter question - what is your favourite movie?

till the next time, hy !