13 - 𝙧𝙤𝙪𝙣𝙙 𝙩𝙖𝙗𝙡𝙚 𝙘𝙤𝙣𝙛𝙚𝙧𝙚𝙣𝙘𝙚𝙨 𝙖𝙧𝙚 𝙪𝙣𝙙𝙚𝙧𝙧𝙖𝙩𝙚𝙙. 𝙞𝙣 𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙨 𝙚𝙨𝙨𝙖𝙮, 𝙞 𝙬𝙞𝙡𝙡 -

⋆﹥━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━﹤⋆

⋆﹥━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━﹤⋆

"One bad fish ruins the pond," is a very familiar saying.

Ruins the fucking pond, Aquila thought. Not the other fishes.

Whispers were following the people belonging to the green and silver house, thanks to the Dark Lord killing muggles, muggle-borns, and basically anyone and everyone non-Slytherin.

To put it simply, he was being a major pain in the arse.

Aquila had already had three Ravenclaws, five Gryffindors and two Hufflepuffs rushing away from her and avoiding her eye, snarling at her and saving a first year who was about to step in front of her, in that order.

The Slytherins, quick to defend their own, began travelling in groups with one fifth, sixth or seventh year accompanying a first or second year, after a first year was hexed by some Gryffindor sixth year after being accused of being a 'deatheater'.

Aquila had, naturally, turned to Regulus to ask the meaning of the title.

"That's what the followers of the Dark Lord are called. They have these big ugly snake and skull tattoos on their arms, and preach all that pureblood mania. You didn't really think that the Dark Lord killed all those families by himself, did you?" Regulus said darkly.

Aquila shrugged. "I mean, he is a pretty powerful dude. He should be able to take down a couple of wandless Muggles, should he not?"

"How would he look powerful if he didn't have a couple of henchmen carrying out his everyday tasks?" Regulus answered.

Aquila looked horrified. "Daily tasks? You don't mean these killings are happening for sport?"

"Of course they're happening for sport, Aquila. Do you think the Dark Lord is only killing bad muggles who committed crimes? No, these are innocent families, like the Fellings," Regulus said.

"Do you think Bellatrix has a tattoo like that?" Aquila asked quietly.

"I think so," Regulus said back, equally quiet.

"WHY ARE THE BLACKIES SO FORLORN?" came the loud and obnoxious voice of James Potter.

"SO MELANCHOLIC," their brother continued, appearing on their other side.

"SO GLOOMY!"

"SO BLEAK!"

"Hey Aquila, Regulus. Everything going good?" Remus appeared, followed by Peter.

Aquila raised an eyebrow. "Are you going good? You look like someone put clothes on a stick."

"Ever the charmer, sister," Sirius said. "Anyway, Christmas is approaching jolly fast isn't it, kids?" Sirius said musically.