19 - 𝙬𝙝𝙖𝙩 𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙣

⋆﹥━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━﹤⋆

⋆﹥━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━﹤⋆

Sirius jolted back into his own body, hands still joint with his sister and brother, whose eyes were glowing red and blue respectively. Blood was coming out of both their noses with the overload of magic they had channelled through their bond. He could feel a pressure in his veins, as if his blood was trying to force itself out of his body. He tried to shake away the twins' hands that were holding his, but in vain. So, Sirius did what he did best.

He started screaming.

- - -

Walking down the hallway towards the kitchens, James was wondering what could be taking the Blacks such a long time to get into the Christmas spirit. Expecting to see the three of them talking like civil human beings and eating in the kitchen (unlikely) or having a food fight or a glaring contest where the youngest Black was whining (very likely).

Now imagine James' surprise as he saw not what he had been thinking, but a very distressed Sirius Black screaming bloody murder as the Wonder Twins were doing some sort of Satanic ritual.

"Hey, hey, hey," James approached the scene with wide eyes, putting a hand on his best friend's shoulder. "What, how the fuck do you get yourself in these situations is what I don't understand. I mean, I go look for trouble as much as you but you, you, oh my Merlin, you are going to give me a heart attack one day. What the hell are you guys doing? Summoning the devil? You give me enough of a headache as it is!" James said, frantic, fussing over Sirius like his mother might do to him.

"Help them!" Sirius said, grabbing James' forearms.

James turned towards the twins, whose eyes were a little dull now (perhaps due to the excess magic they had in use, James guessed), but their hands were still joined by the weird lines. That, James suspected, was the source of the problem.

Glancing at the corner of the room, James saw a long stick, which he grabbed. Sirius stared at him, confused and questioning his sanity, as James reached out and promptly disconnected the twins' hands.

It worked like a miracle. Sirius was amazed, surprised and shocked at the act of multiple brain cells displayed by his friend.

The twins fell to the ground, their eyes no longer glowing, and a faint red scar in the middle of their palms. They jerked up with a gasp, the movement too similar, too coordinated to be coincidental.

"I'm sorry, what was that?" Sirius shuddered out, yet not out of his panicking mode.

Eyes wide, Aquila looked at Regulus. "We did it?" she asked breathlessly. Not trusting his voice to say anything yet, he simply nodded his head, wide eyes mirroring the ones staring at him, full of awe.

"What, and I cannot stress this enough, the fuck is happening?" Sirius cut in their bonding moment, the realisation that they had done something unnatural, something different, and they were left feeling drained but powerful at the same time, stupid but knowledgable, chaotic but at peace. The words cut between them like a knife, but not like a sharp knife, but like a very dull and rusted knife which hurt twice as bad as the connection was broken and the twins stared at their older brother with identical expressions of hope and confusion.

"Hey, you guys, are you two okay?" James asked tentatively, reaching out a hand to help Aquila to her feet. Aquila grabbed it, giving him a feeble smile of thanks in return. Standing up on unsteady feet, she leaned heavily against the fourteen year old's chest, who was just tall enough for her to be eye-level with his nose. Crouched the way that she was right now, her chin reached a little underneath the hollow of his throat, from where she could feel the vibration of every word he spoke, every breath he took.

Supporting her, he wound a cautious arm around her shoulders as she watched Sirius support her twin. Regulus sent her a reassuring smile, and only then did she collapse fully into James' arms, leaving the boy to stagger beneath the sudden weight. She was not by any means heavy, and James was not by any means incapable of carrying her, but the suddenness of the action caused him to stumble, which certainly bruised his biceps' ego more than he would admit.

Adjusting her in his grip, he gauged how out of it Aquila was, deemed her unfit to walk on her own and put a limp arm around his shoulders and wound one of his own around her waist. Sirius kept a watchful eye on them, not because he doubted James' intentions, James concluded, but because he deemed no one fit enough to take care of his siblings as well as he did.

Regulus seemed to be heavily relying on Sirius for movement as well, but it seemed that Aquila had drained herself much more than him, making her entirely dependent on James for mobility. Even unconscious, she had an iron grip on the front of James' sweater, and was sweating profusely in the mind-numbing cold of the Slytherin dungeons. Now, come to the dungeons they had, but with the two Slytherins in their company unconscious, they had no idea where the Slytherin common room was, or what the password was. Sirius quickly assessed this situation, and showing the brain that only perhaps Sirius could, he shook Regulus awake.

"Whaghbbghbgh?" Regulus said, in perhaps a higher form of language beyond that of humans.

"Exactly," Sirius said (perhaps it was the language of monkeys). "Where are we?"

Regulus opened a feeble eye, looked around and said something incoherent. Sirius nodded, and translated for James. "We're near the common room".

Suddenly, Aquila stood up straight, no sign that she was ever unconscious. This sudden movement caused James to stumble, who had been leaning down to put his arm around her waist. Balancing him by his biceps, Aquila felt a shudder go through her.

Damn, quidditch did this boy good.

Aquila just looked into his eyes when he straightened himself, causing James to stare right back into her blue-grey eyes. Aquila could feel his heart thudding in his chest, and she was sure he could feel hers right back. James seemed to be staring at her like she was a riddle who he couldn't quite figure out, and Aquila felt-

"Are you guys done staring at each other? You're creeping us out really bad," Sirius shouted down the corridor which he and Regulus had travelled in while James and Aquila seemed to be having a staring contest.

But then Regulus' voice spoke softly in her mind.

But it wasn't a staring contest, was it, Aqi? 

⋆﹥━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━﹤⋆

i ship them so much already omg get a grip hy

whhoop i think this is a bit late tho apologies

ooh, what is your favourite book series and who is your favourite character in them?

mine is a court of thorns and roses and my fav character

you guessed it

rhysand my bae

cassian isnt too far behind tho

anyway, see y'all soon, vote, comment, share

love,

hy