30 - 𝙖 𝙨𝙡𝙮𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙧𝙞𝙣 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙖 𝙜𝙧𝙮𝙛𝙛𝙞𝙣𝙙𝙤𝙧 𝙬𝙖𝙡𝙠 𝙞𝙣𝙩𝙤 𝙖 𝙗𝙖𝙧-

⋆﹥━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━﹤⋆

⋆﹥━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━﹤⋆

The rest of the holidays passed with little to no activity. Sirius kept himself holed up in his room, refusing to come for mealtimes until his mother apologised for talking to him in a 'barbaric and unorthodox' manner. Of course, Sirius was being dramatic and there was no way in hell Walburga Black would ever apologise. Sirius got a pass out of family gatherings, and Kreacher brought his food upstairs.

Aquila and Regulus were planning to finish the map with the Marauders coming year, considering James had apologised and so had Sirius, albeit begrudgingly. Remus' condition was to be kept in mind, and Peter had already designed a cover page, and it was wonderful, if the photograph that had come in the mail for Sirius was to be believed.

Cygnus and Druella had wanted to visit the Black Manor to 'keep check of the grounds', but Walburga and Orion had strictly refused, saying that Walburga had taken ill and was not in a position to be attending to guests. To this, Druella had sent a Howler which had erupted in their mother's parlour, with Druella screaming about how Walburga could be pregnant and that she should get it tested immediately. When the Howler had said the word pregnant, Walburga had promptly lit it on fire and tossed the ashes in the fireplace.

It had still made Regulus blush red at the impropriety of its contents.

Pressure was being placed heavily on the families of the Sacred Twenty-Eight, urging them to join the Dark Lord's cause and get branded by him. If rumour was to be believed, it was the same man who had come looking for Slytherin's locket in the Black treasury many years ago. But unfortunately, if the Blacks were in possession of it, they were not people who would have hidden such an heirloom in their vaults, but rather wear it with pride. Nonetheless, the Lord who was simply a boy back then, had complimented the Ancient and most Noble House of Black, and charmed his way into their parents' thoughts.

Saying a hello to Rowan and Adrian, Aquila sat down next to Rowan in the train. Rowan seemed to be more sickly and a little more pale than he usually was, which was a feat. It seemed his dying father had pledged the Mulciber's loyalty to the Dark Lord, and Rowan was to be branded with the mark when he came of age.

Adrian was suffering a similar fate, with his numerous cousins taking the mark with pride and even showing it off at family gatherings and events. It seemed he was expected to take it as well, and unlike the Mulciber's, his family had no issue with underage tattoos. It was only his mother's coddling nature that had saved him from wearing full-sleeves throughout his time at Hogwarts.

Arriving at Hogwarts, the muggleborns and half-bloods steered well clear from the Slytherins, especially the older ones.

We are the older ones now, Aquila realised with a jolt.

Fourth year. Huh. Time flew, indeed.

Ahead of them, Evan Rosier had taken to hissing at the Gryffindor, making Aquila scrunch her nose. Classy. Lily Evans stepped forward and started scolding him, and Rosier listened to her with a mock pout on his face.