68 - 𝙪𝙢, 𝙨𝙤. . .𝙨𝙪𝙧𝙥𝙧𝙞𝙨𝙚?

⋆﹥━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━﹤⋆

⋆﹥━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━﹤⋆

Albus Dumbledore knew power when he saw it.

He had been trying to get those with the most power on his side before everything went to shit, and now he realised, maybe he had taken time for granted.

Because everything was slowly going to shit, and Dumbledore needed all the people with him, and fast. But with how uncooperative Aquila Black was being, he might be in more trouble.

He had considered slipping James Potter hints about telling his girlfriend to join, but James could pretend to be very daft in order to give his girlfriend a choice.

A black owl, or rather, a Black owl tapped on his window, carrying a letter with the Alchemic Academy's seal on it. Dumbledore sighed, sure it was another letter with Aquila Black passive aggressively, or even outright insulting him for sending people to convince the twins to join.

- - -

James was late.

Which was terrible timing considering Dumbledore said he had new information, some new mission for some members.

And it was also terrible, because the Headquarters were very small, and the amount of members were really large, and James really didn't want to stand in the back after six hours of Quidditch practice.

Entering the door after murmuring the password, he was met with the backyard of the small house they conducted their meetings in. It had a large hall, but not large enough for the many people assembled. He was met with various cheers of hello's and even some giggles from a group of recently graduated girls from Hogwarts. He glanced around the room, looking for familiar faces in the crowd.

"James!" a voice called out. He looked over from where it had come, only to find one of the girls waving him over as the other girls blushed and made teasing remarks. Thankfully, Sirius let out a loud whistle to get his attention and winked at the girls, who grew even more red if possible and faced their own group.

"Keep your eyes for your girlfriend, mate," Sirius said wryly as James joined him, squeezing beside him.

James grinned. "Telling me to eye your sister? Noted."

Sirius whacked him on the head as Dumbledore entered. Everyone fell silent, putting their attention on the Headmaster and the people who flanked him. Alastor Moody, Head Auror. Fabian and Gideon Prewett, Auror Training. Professor McGonagall.

There was a chair at the head of the room, identical to the Headmaster's chair. Dumbledore sat down in it and greeted everyone with a pleasant smile. "We have some more inside information about the whereabouts and activities. You all shall be organised into groups of six and be handed out your tasks for this week."